Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner September 2016

Justin Alexander 8799 sizing

Glasgowbride101, 2 of November of 2015 at 14:20 Posted on Planning 0 3

I've just chosen the Justin Alexander style 8799 dress for our wedding next September. I am a UK size 12/14 and a G cup. The girl said I would need to order a size 18 which I was fine with as I've heard they are very small made, however, having had a look online, people generally seem to say that Justin Alexander is very true to size. She did say it was for my bust and the rest of the dress would need to be altered but now I'm concerned I'll end up with a huge dress and a huge alterations bill! Any one have experience of JA dresses? Thanks.

3 replies

Latest activity by kay_, 26 of November of 2015 at 13:18
  • TeamJamiesonLowe
    Beginner July 2016
    TeamJamiesonLowe ·
    • Hide content

Hey there!

Not sure if you will get this response as you posted at the start of the month but here goes anyway!

I have also ordered 8799 for my wedding in July! Beautiful isn't she ?

I am a dress size 14/16 with a DD/E cup (so I'm around the same size as you) and they have ordered me the USA size 16 (which is UK size 18). Even though your dress size is smaller you will need it to fit your slightly larger bust (lucky girl) so it sounds about right to me.

As the focus of the dress is the beading around the back and chest area, it stands to reason that it is more important that it fits your bust correctly. You will not end up with a huge dress as the material is draped chiffon which falls off from the bodice. The beaded panel on the back are made in sections so the seamstress said it's easy to alter.

Are you getting it altered at the dress shop? Have they quoted you for this? Alterations at my shop were capped at maximum £260, however I got them free with the dress (£1400) as a special offer.

Hope this helps, and well done on your great taste LOL!!! I love my dress so much and can't wait till it arrives in April!

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Glasgowbride101 - you need to have a look at the size charts for Justin Alexander, if you google you will find them, and see if your measurements match with what the shop have said you need. That is literally the only way to be satisfied as to what size you need.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

They usually order the dress to fit your largest measurement and then alter the rest to fit you as it's easier to make it smaller than to make it bigger.

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

I've also chosen a Justin Alexander dress and have had a US16/UK18 ordered! I'm normally a size UK14/16 in clothes. When I was measured my bust & hips were ok but I need to lose 1inch from my waist (eeeek!). It's a corset back though so I'm hoping that will help. Smiley smile

I can't remember what number my dress is but it looks like this:

I hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics