Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2013

Justin Alexander dress ordering

FMG, 19 November, 2012 at 11:43 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi! I ordered my lovely Justin Alexander dress early September and I was under the impression that it would take about 6 months to arrive into the the shop which would give me plenty of time for fittings before my August wedding. As I am trying to loose weight at the moment so I thought I would give the shop a ring today to see if they had any rough delivery dates for me to give me a goal to work towards. They say they have ordered the dress but it wont be here until the end of June. This seems a long time and only leaves me a month for fittings. I was wondering if anyone else has ordered from Justin Alexander and how long it has taken for your dress to come through? Thanks X

5 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 19 November, 2012 at 15:53
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I had a Justin Alexander and it arrived about a month to six weeks before the wedding. A month is ample time for fittings.

I would say that it's not that the dress takes that long, normally it's that they time it to arrive about a month or two before the wedding. So it wouldn't matter how early you ordered it, it would still arrive around that time.

This is the same with most designers I think.

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Kharv. I think I am just stressing a bit because in my head it I thought it would be here by about Easter time. I guess wont be calm until I have tried it on and know it fits and is here!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my Justin in Feb and it arrived in October. But of a pain, as now I have to find somewhere to store it until March. A month before the wedding is fine, and you'll need less alterations. My dress has been fitted 2 weeks ago so by Feb it might need doing again and will cost me another £150 Smiley sad

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my JA around the middle of July, and it came in at the end of Oct. Im going to pick it up on Saturday. I probably wont start having fittings until Jan/Feb, I'm getting married at the end of March.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

It's normally down to how the dress shop likes to operate, rather than the delivery times of the designer.

If your dress shop doesn't have very much storage, they will often choose to wait and order the dress so that it arrives when you actually need to be fitted rather than it arriving early and them having to ask you to store it until it's time for fittings.

I know mine did this. I've just looked at my diary and my first dress fitting was two months before the wedding with my second and final fitting three weeks before. I had to take my dress with me after the final fitting.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics