Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2013

Justin Alexander sizing?!?

farming-girl, 3 of April of 2013 at 21:48 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi girls

I am having a little crisis! I have seen a justin Alexander dress (8530) which I have decided I love after much deliberation! I am totally baffled by justin Alexander sizing....I realise that if I could afford to buy new that the shop would measure me & then order the correct size & then alter it to suit, however I can't afford new so hoping to get a preloved dress. What this does mean is I need to understand the sizing to make sure it fits! Does anyone have the JA measurements chart which would tell you the bust, waist & hip measurements & the corresponding label size in JA. I appreciate I will prob need alterations to make it fit perfectly. Incidentally if anyone has a 8530 in ivory for sale in roughly a uk size10 to fit someone 5ft 7 then I would be interested!

Any help is gratefullyreceived!

10 replies

Latest activity by havecreditwillwed, 3 of June of 2013 at 22:31
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

All I can say is that they're random!!

First of all, the size in the label will be the US size (a UK 10 would be a US 6) however, they are extremely small sizing.

I had the JA 8465 and the label says either 16 or 18 (I cant remember which) meaning it's a UK 20 or 22. I'm normally a UK size 16. This is me for an idea:

If you google Justin Alexander size chart you should get an idea of measurements in Google Images.

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

I agree thy are random iv got 8610 mines a size 22 and its tight I'm normally and 18!

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

I had that dress! I think it was either a 10 or 12 according to the label. Not sure if this was UK or US sizing? As I would normally be a 10 or 12 in dresses anyway. I'm about 5"5. This is me.....

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

All wedding dress sizes are random. My dress has been ordered in a size 24 (!) and I'm currently a dress size 16-18...I was told if I'd ordered another make of dress I would have been a 16! Madness.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Lumc, it would have been US sizing, meaning it was a UK 14 or 18. Told you they were random!

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

I would double check the sizing because last time I was trying one on it was a US 10 but a UK 12, whereas normally in US sizes that would be a UK 14. Might be worthwhile going back to a shop and getting measured whilst you're there so you have more of an idea?

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Janey4 ·
    • Hide content

I tried a JA dress on that was quite good for fit and label was 10.

I wanted to try said dress at different shop, said I tried on a 10 and they ordered sample in –ended up with a size 6 to try –which I am not!

Ended up with the ‘10’ (UK 14) and it’s perfect –I am usually a size 12…!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I think the moral of the story is that it is definitely better to go on actual measurements rather than the label size. Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner May 2014
    ncowling ·
    • Hide content

Hi I have justin alexander 8530 for sale.

It is us 6 uk 8 / 10. I am size 8/10 top 10/12 bottom.

Unaltered from pet/smoke free home.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I think I went up a size in my JA dress as well.

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

I have a US 6 UK 8, officially on the size chart it is supposed to be 34bust, 26waist, 36 hip. I am pretty much 34bust 27 waist 34 hip, and whilst very snug on the waist and under the bust it is loose as a goose through the hip and thigh - more than a couple of inches! :-)

Def agree - when you google it you get a size chart and that is the same size chart my shop has. Just been to the pool and done another 25 lengths - 8 weeks to get into that 26 inch waist dress and still breathe!

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics