Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gillsy
Beginner April 2010

Kalms Tablets or Bachs Rescue Remedy

Gillsy, 23 March, 2010 at 10:29 Posted on Planning 0 18

Anybody used either of these and can give advice of which might be best.

Just want to calm myself a little on the day

18 replies

Latest activity by Gillsy, 24 March, 2010 at 12:10
  • pawzandribbons
    pawzandribbons ·
    • Hide content

I suffer with really bad panic attacks and I find Bachs rescue rememdy the best thing x

• Bell2010
    Beginner October 2010
    Bell2010 ·
    • Hide content

I used rescue remedy during my Uni exams and it seemed to do the trick, haven't used Kalms though.

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

Rescue remedy for me! have used both ?

• J
    Beginner October 2010
    Jennaling ·
    • Hide content

I use Kalms for my panic attacks - although rescue remedy has a more instant affect I don't find it strong enough.

Failing that a shot of brandy does the trick!

?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Another question - do you have to take it for a certain period of time or does it work instantly??

ie would I be able to take it in the morning and it will work??

• pawzandribbons
    pawzandribbons ·
    • Hide content

It works quite quickly. I would use it if you need too. You might wake up and be really calm but in the afternoon or evening need to take it then.

• Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

Brandy?!

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

I took Kalms years ago when I was taking my driving test as I was so stressed about the actual test! I thought they worked wonders, but I think in my case it's safe to say that it was all in my head!

I started taking them the week before my test, I was taking one in the morning and I thought that they were making a difference but the last two days my Dad actually left a tablet out for me so I wouldn't forget and it was an iburpofen and I didn't even notice!! lol!

• M
    Beginner June 2010
    MJS84 ·
    • Hide content

I find bachs better than kalms for me as bachs works quicker when you are anxious, just use a few drops when you are feeling anxious and keep up with it for a few hours - although do beware if you use the bachs it does affect the effectiveness of the pill if you are on it. x

• loobylou1979
    Beginner February 2011
    loobylou1979 ·
    • Hide content

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1083&afid=70&safid=ggl&scid=13435&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product-_-Lanes%20Quiet%20Life-_-%5bquiet%20life%20tablets%5d

I use these-one on it's own takes the edge off any anxieties and for me kicks in in less than half an hour.

missdeedee-that made me smile 😃

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I used Kalms when I was taking my final exams at Uni. The bottle said you had to take them 1-2 weeks before so that they were in your system. To be honest I dont think I really noticed much difference but I guess everyone is different.

Hope that helps a little! ?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oooooo thanx for this info - might just give it a miss then and hope I'm ok. Wasn't planning babies as quick as that......lol

• M
    Beginner June 2010
    MJS84 ·
    • Hide content

You could pop into boots and speak to the pharmacist, i always find them really helpful - i plan on having a stiff drink - i said this to OH the other day and he laughed so i have my trusty bombay sapphire on stand by even if i do have to have one at 10am! lol its my wedding day i think i can be let off. x

• Flaming Nora
    Beginner May 2003
    Flaming Nora ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you sure? I've never heard of that at all and it was my GP that recommended it. I know St Johns Wort can affect the pill?

I think rescue remedy is far better than Kalms as its instant, definitely works and you can keep having a few drops throughout the day.

• M
    Beginner June 2010
    MJS84 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe im mistaken then, thats what i have always thought - check the lable i guess, apologies if mistaken ;o)

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

I tried rescue remedy when I was going through a bad time and was having panic attacks. I not really sure if it did an awful lot, but it was worth a try.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Along with my jewellery business I also work in my family's health shop and going by sales I would 100% say that Rescue is more popular/more good feedback than Kalms.

I would say start using it occasionally on the few days running up to your wedding and throughout the morning. But not too much as I think I overdid it a bit on the morning of my wedding (nervous wreck!) and it made me sooooo thirsty!! I couldnt stop drinking water. Or maybe it was just the nerves making me thirsty?!

Kalms would probably help too but I'm just going on which one our customers seem to prefer.

I'm not aware of it affecting the contraceptive pill but maybe it will say on their website? Next time I'm working in the shop I'll be checking the leaflet with comes in the box with it.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I took about half a tub of Kalms on my driving test and they seemed to work but I think it was more sub-conscious than anything else, but hey I was calm!

I thought I would be really nervous on the day of the wedding but I wasn't at all, I was just excited. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think maybe if you start taking tablets 2-3 weeks before the day it might put more of a pressure on you and you will expect yourself to be really nervous even though you might not necessarily be nervous. (if that makes sense?)

If you do get nervous... have a glass of champers!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Think I'll just do this Moonpig.

Thanks for your feeback ladies

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics