Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2014

Kebab Crisis

Sweetcheeks1980, 25 of April of 2014 at 09:43 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi all

Firstly apologies if this has already been covered, i did search before I posted, but I am posting on the sly at work so a tad rushed!

I have a crisis......with kebabs. The grooms one and only request throughout the whole wedding planning is to have a kebab stall around 11pm in the evening.

I have looked high and low on the internet but i just cant seem to find anything that fits the bill. Wondered if anyone else had used one at their wedding that they could recommend?

Thanks in advance peeps Smiley smile

11 replies

Latest activity by Forever Wedding Dance, 25 of April of 2014 at 17:44
  • W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I've done a quick search for you & come up with the below. Might be worth a look. Good Luck.

https://www.kkcatering.co.uk/doner-kebab-vans/

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any recommendations, but that sounds like heaven!!

Hope someone can help, whereabouts in the country are you?

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sweetcheeks1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Winterbride,

Thanks for this, tried them first off but they were available then unavailable within the space of 20 minutes! Best keep searching Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sweetcheeks1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsA

The venue is in West Yorkshire....oh why couldn't he have wanted a burger instead lol!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I can't help as I'm a vegan but I love the title of this thread...Kebab Crisis! Made me smile this morning. Sorry, carry on Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Well he's specified a stall so you don't necessarily need to source a van, which is a bonus!

Are you having a DIY reception at a hall? If so then get the local kebab house to deliver you X number of kebabs, portions of chips etc at a certain time and serve them on a table with a buffet of salads/sliced onions/chilli sauce/mayo etc and make it a 'build your own kebab buffet'.

If you are having a hotel wedding I can't imagine they'd be thrilled with the idea of takeaway or a van pulling up tbh!!

Good hunting!

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

What type of kebab do you mean, donner kebab or chicken kebab? Could try seeing if any outside BBQ caterers could do it for you.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

Can't you ask a take away to do it? Or order a lot in and ask for a discount? If you use a local one regular they might be able to help.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS. Local takeaway! And yep, you wouldn't be allowed a van on site (or a takeaway delivered) anyway, if it's a catered affair. Have a think about that before booking!

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sweetcheeks1980 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the suggestions, the venue surprising were fine about a "van" coming on site as long as it had all the H & S stuff, but maybe it just wasn't meant to be!!

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

This website has a few food trader suggestions down the right hand side: http://www.northernstreats.co.uk/node/108

And these guys do an amazing hog roast but I think there's a Cypriot package with kebabs too. http://www.hogroastsleeds.co.uk/

Mmm...making me hungry!

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I just found them too - under their 'street food' page they do Doner Kebabs. They also do wraps and hot dogs if you think you would like to offer a choice. http://www.hogroastsleeds.co.uk/evening-treats/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics