Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner November 2015

Keeping it low key

MissJag, 21 of May of 2014 at 08:48 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi - I am getting married in November for the 2nd time around. We are having a small (family only) registry office wedding on the Thursday followed by a party for all friends and family on the Friday. Keeping it low key with Buffet and Disco only, no table plans etc and very few speeches just toasts.

My problem is hitting the right level with decorations, I want to make it look like a wedding without going over the top.

Also having trouble finding a dress. What something special but not the traditional white wedding dress.

Ideas Welcome.

3 replies

Latest activity by InkedDoll, 21 of May of 2014 at 10:46
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Sonsie/ Veromia do some amazing coloured wedding dresses.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Hi, its second time for both of us, and we are not traditional people. I am having a black and red handfasting dress from Ebay. We are having minimal decorations, we have 7 black candelabras, black and red tablecloths, and red uplighters for the room, that's pretty much it, we're not having flowers or centrepieces etc. Keeping it simple!

• emabee
    Beginner August 2014
    emabee ·
    • Hide content

If you are having a low key wedding why don't you look at high street bridal dresses? Monsoon and Phase Eight do some gorgeous dresses but they are not as big as a normal dress and are a bit more simple but still stunning if you know what I mean? x

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having a wedding dress, so I've just been searching for white/ivory/cream dresses on all the usual fashion sites. ASOS have a few pretty dresses and Modcloth in the US, depending on what style you want. I also found this dress from House of Fraser, it isn't really me but I tried it on and it is beautiful:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics