Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner October 2014

Keeping kids entertained at wedding breakfast

katie80uk, 23 of July of 2014 at 13:25 Posted on Planning 0 9

Just wondered what people are doing for kids during the wedding breakfast

I have a 3 year old, 4 year old, 8 and 9 year old going to the daytime. The others are 12,14,16 and 17 so they can entertain themselves but worried about the 4 younger ones under 10.

Seen some party bag style things you can order for them but wondered what other people have done? Had an idea of the 8 and 9 year old giving them a disposal camera and saying stuff they had to take pictures of but then that means them jumping up and down off the table and that might annoy people

Thanks

9 replies

Latest activity by EXCITEDBRIDE15:), 23 of July of 2014 at 15:47
  • NorthSouthGirl
    Beginner November 2014
    NorthSouthGirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

We only have a few small people coming to our wedding but we have bought them 'touchable bubbles' as their favours and have also provided a colouring book and crayons.

The activity bags are good but you could make your own up for way cheaper!

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Im getting a kids wedding pack off ebay, its got pictures to colour in and if i remember rightly puzzles and word searches all wedding related .

• H
    Beginner October 2015
    hallowedding ·
    • Hide content

I've bought a mini jigsaw puzzle, crayons and notepad, pinball games and I'll be buying some haribo bags to put in the kids party bags which are the kids favours.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Is it possible to have a little kids corner with toys? As a mum to a toddler, my little boy would no way in hell stay in his seat for a couple hours, despite how many colouring books etc there are. If he was able to get up and go play with a few toys in a little corner of the room, where there are eyes to keep watch, then that would happily keep him amused. To have the ability to stretch their legs is a good thing, whingey children are not a good thing, but are preventable!!!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    AshleighS ·
    • Hide content

We've ordered personalised favour boxes and filled them with mini colouring books, crayons, stickers, glowsticks, snap-cards, stretchy-men etc.
    All in all 13 of them have cost us about £20

We're also supplying hula-hoops, garden games, bubbles and books to keep them entertained between meals and photos.

I like the idea of giving them disposable cameras, might steal that for a game of I Spy for them for the evening!!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Another idea for the 9 and 10 year old is a little scavenger hunt, where they have to follow the clues to find little plastic rings, with a cool prize at the end... Could be chocolate, sweets, or the first slice of wedding cake, maybe even a sparkler!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Why do they need to be entertained? Can't they just sit and eat like everyone else? My nephews were 4 and 6 at the wedding, and they were perfectly well behaved.

If you really do want something though, I'm sure you could put some goodie bags together yourself - puzzle, pens etc.

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

I've only got two 3 year old girls at mine, so I have got them little tote bags with their names on, and inside I have put a book, colouring book, stickers, pencils, a toy, bubbles, balloons and sweeties to keep them occupied.

I've also printed them a menu of their own because they get different food to the big people, and on the back of their menu I printed a short story which can also keep them quiet for a bit if one of the adults reads it to them.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    AshleighS ·
    • Hide content

My nieces and nephews are well behaved too, but just like my adult guests who I've supplied with food, drink and quizzes, I'd like to ensure the children have a good time.

It's more of gesture than a necessity. For me at least...

• E
    Beginner June 2015
    EXCITEDBRIDE15:) ·
    • Hide content

I think the camera idea is good! it will make them also enjoy the wedding more as most kids probably do find the meal part not very fun!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics