Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2013

Keeping warm for a winter wedding

louiser30, 7 October, 2012 at 17:53 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi,

I'm getting married in November 2013, and having a church wedding, so it's going to be soooo cold! Does anyone have ideas for keeping warm? I can wear thermal leggings under my dress, but it is strapless. I also want a long veil, so a fur shrug would look too much until I take it off. The reception will be fine, just worried about turning blue during the service!

10 replies

Latest activity by *gnashers*, 7 October, 2012 at 22:21
  • C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

Ours is March and I'm now considering a satin bolero, with 3/4 sleeves. If March is anything like now and last month, I'm going to need something too, but like you think the fur shrugs might be a bit too much.

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

We get married next month in a church and I'm hoping that the adrenalin will keep me warm for the 45 mins we in the church.

• C
    Beginner
    catx1978Capri101 ·
    • Hide content

You'll be surprised at how the adrenalin keeps you warm. I bought a fur shrug but didn't need wear it in the end. I got married in November and I didn't feel the cold until the evening reception and by that time, we were in a nice warm hall Smiley smile

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I got married in February in a little country church and just wore a strapless dress, no shrug or bolero. I honestly did not feel cold once, you'll be so excited you just won't feel it.

You certainly won't need long johns on under your dress, I'd rather be cold for a bit than wear thermal tights on my wedding day!

• S
    Beginner November 2012
    Sparklebright ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married next month and when the bridal shop wrapped a fur thing round me I was not impressed lol. Like the other posts I'm hoping the adrenaline will keep me warm but will be sure to have a brandy before the service!

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married on the 29th December and I am having a cloak made for getting to & from the church etc. The church has a great heating system so that's all ok. My understanding is that a wedding dress tends to be warm enough around your legs without thermals!

I am however contemplating either wellies or snow boots! I know people say it every year but apparently it is going to be a hard winter!!!

• L
    Beginner November 2013
    louiser30 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your help, I'm going to hope the adrenalin gets me through! I think I just had a bit of a panic after going to the church this morning, but my wedding day will be totally different! If not, brandy it is!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I have also been told by a colleague who got married in January that the adrenaline kept her warm.

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

I don't think a fur shrug would look too much - you can get lovely ones which are really well made and won't look too bulky. You could get a little cape which might make you feel less trussed up, as your arms will be free.

I love fur shrugs though - I'm getting married in April, and my dress has sleeves, but if it didn't and it was cold I would definitely opt for a little fur cape with a ribbon tie, so cute!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That a girl!

You'll be fine, don't worry, the excitement will keep you toasty

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics