Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner December 2013

Kent wedding venues on a budget!

Hayling4686, 4 of March of 2012 at 18:35 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi everyone

New to the site and looking for advice and some expert knowledge! Boyfriend and I got engaged on holiday and are looking for a venue in Kent/ Surrey and hope to get married nect December. We have a fairly decent budget but would like to find a venue including food and drinks for around £8000. Everywhere I have looked seems to have venue hire charges of thousands of pounds. Does anyone know of any nice venues that do not charge to hire or if they do somewhere that has a reasonable drinks and wedding breakfast package. We will have aproximately 100 guests for the ceremony and wedding breakfast and an additional 50 in the evening. I have seen a few that I love but they just come in too expensive. Ideally I would love a manor house or somewhere that looks grand but not cost it!. Any ideas on how to save money or find the perfect venue would be great!

Helen

Xxxx

12 replies

Latest activity by Chris Giles Photography, 5 of March of 2012 at 14:51
  • O
    Beginner September 2012
    OrdinaryGirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi, congrats on getting engaged.

We looked at High Rocks in Tunbridge Wells which was really nice and there is lovely area for photos by the rocks. Their packages started at around £40pp inc room hire, so may be worth a look. I didn't end up booking as I found another venue I liked even more, although I think that one would be over your budget.

Enjoy the venue hunting!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Hayling...and congratulations.

To save money, it really is worthwhile considering a wedding away from the weekend. This can lead to some serious discounts. I photographed one wedding in Kent on valentines day which the couple admitted was incredibly well priced as they had a non weekend wedding despite it being a key day (Feb 14th)

This is Lympne Castle. Dates back to the 1300s. Really nice people and great registrars. Worth thinking about.

hth

Peter

• F
    Beginner October 2012
    foosey ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at St.Augustines in Westgate on sea, we are on a budget so we are getting married on a sunday, the venue is beautiful.

• H
    Beginner December 2013
    Hayling4686 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for reply, I love high rocks, but my brother is getting married there this year so I want somewhere different. It was him booking this that made me realise how expensive my quotes were in comparison. Budget can go a bit higher for the right venue.

Helen

x

• H
    Beginner December 2013
    Hayling4686 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for reply,

Ive looked at St Augustines and its beautiful! Its on my list to visit. Is it much cheaper off peak then? We were considering a Friday to cut costs.

Helen

x

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I am not sure if they fit into your budget but

Oakwood House

http://www.oakwoodhousehotel.co.uk/

Turkey Mill

https://www.turkeymill.co.uk/

Eltham Palace (Kent/London Boarder)

/visit/venue-hire/eltham-palace/

are worth a look.

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

How about Boxley House http://www.inspiredwedding.co.uk/boxley_house_kent_civil_ceremony_wedding_venue.html

High Rocks is nice but you have to have certain rooms together so it put me off.

• anothermrsjones
    Beginner July 2012
    anothermrsjones ·
    • Hide content

St Augustine's is amazing and if Thanet is possible then my friend's brother got married at Salmestone Grange which is also very pretty

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Bilsington Priory is lovely, and reasonable. Service is excellent. http://www.bilsingtonprioryestate.co.uk/

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Don't forget to negotiate though. If you don't ask you don't get.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Kent life is very good, was there at the weekend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics