Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Dedicated September 2022 Lancashire

Kids

Kimberley, 19 of July of 2021 at 18:32 Posted on Planning 0 5
Who’s having something for the kids at there wedding can u all give me some ideas please as they can’t go on play area as be to cold x

5 replies

Latest activity by Abigail, 25 of July of 2021 at 10:43
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Mine is a child free event apart from my own and nieces and nephews who are older. For my youngest who is 5 I’m putting together a goody bag with colouring books, pencils , hot wheels cars etc. Also I’m doing snack bags for him and my 12 year old incase they get hungry as I know they won’t want the canapés being served before the wedding breakfast. I have ordered mini chip cones as well. Depending on the ages would goody bags work for you , home bargains, pound shop and Tiger have some good bits.
  • K
    Dedicated September 2022 Lancashire
    Kimberley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Didn’t think of doing that thanks hun x
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I second the goody bag idea. Try to pick a few things that will keep them occupied (I remember being given a 'goody bag' when I was my cousin's bridesmaid, and all it had was some colouring pens and paper - and the reception was about 6 hours long!!!)

Baker Ross do some great craft kits including 'design your own' gliders, soft balls, windmills, jigsaws etc that the kids could make and then play with, so dual purpose! Wilko Blox is a cheap version of lego which all my godchildren (boys and girls) love and the mini kits are between £1.50 and £5 (I've picked a few end of range ones up for 75p each, so worth keeping an eye out) The Works is also good for cheap crafts & games and 'pocket money' toys.

If you start looking now, you should be able to put together a decent size goody bag without spending much at all - keep an eye out for clearance offers.

Depending on what space you have, it might also be worth seeing if you can have a small area put aside for the kids to play in.

• Jessica
    Beginner August 2021 Surrey
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    Hey!

I couldn’t decide if I wanted kids at our wedding however in the end we say no kids. Partly because we wanted the adults to let their hair down and also, if we said yes to all our friends, we would have about 20 kids!
    When I did look into what we would do if we had kids, we looked at doing
    - giant garden games like jenga and connect 4- personalised place names paper mats that you colour in (about 99p from Etsy)- throw away cameras with a list of photos they need to take, that can be a fun task- little kids corner with fairy lights and a teepee or den with booked and games.- goodie bag with games and activities - craft table (Amazon have some fun craft boxes)
    Depending on how many kids you are having, if there is a lot and if you want the parents to enjoy themselves, you may need to get a babysitter. Definitely have an area for them if your venue allows it.
  • Abigail
    Dedicated March 2023 Northumberland
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    We are having some kids at our wedding, just the flower girls.
    So we are hiring a magician so it’s fun for all the family.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics