Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alice
Beginner February 2025 Devon

Kids activities - help I’m childless!

Alice, 27 of August of 2024 at 11:25 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1
Kids are very welcome at our wedding, and if they all come there will be around 5 toddlers around 2 years old and 3 girls between 9-11 years old. I’m trying to prepare as much as possible so they and the parents have a good day, but also not provide too much clutter or adding to the cost! Can I get thoughts/recommendations? It’s a winter wedding so not a lot outside unfortunately.

Toddlers Dinner: snack boxes, book to read? Speeches: colouring sheets at the table, or separate area with a few toys and bubbles Evening: what then?!
Tweens I assume they will be fine to play with the toddlers or dance in the evening, but should I provide activities too? Maybe a disposable camera ‘photobooth’ area with props, some more difficult colouring or puzzle sheets, or a treasure hunt bingo game?

1 replies

Latest activity by Ruby, 9 of September of 2024 at 06:20
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Toddlers - separate area, definitely! You can't expect 2 year olds to sit quietly through speeches, and their parents are going to be stressed out trying to make them! Even if it's just a corner in the main room, somewhere where they can run around and play without disrupting the main reception will be really helpful. Activities don't have to cost much - crayons and paper, board books and a few toys. You can often pick stuff up cheaply in discount shops, or even in second-hand shops - look out for washable soft toys or wood/plastic toys that can be sanitised.

With the older kids, it depends on their interests, but there are loads of printable crafts and toys on the internet - houses, dress-up-dolls, animals etc- so the only cost will be the card and ink you use for printing - just add a couple of cheap packs of pens, scissors and glue (depending on your setup, glue dots might be less messy!) You could also print out some wordsearches, mazes, puzzles etc.

Kids of all ages tend to like stickers. And bubbles.

For craft supplies, I use Baker Ross and The Works. Baker Ross are particularly good for complete craft kits, which start at about 30p per craft up to £1-£2.

(I don't have kids myself, but I help to run regular craft/activity sessions for kids plus volunteer in a toddler group, and these things are universally popular with our kids)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics