Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tayto
Beginner May 2013

Kids Activity Packs

tayto, 9 March, 2013 at 19:24 Posted on Planning 0 6

Need some help/advice please! We will be having some kids at our wedding - age range from 6 months old to 12 yrs. We decided any kids over 12 will get the regular favours of chocolates and the younger ones would get some sort of activity packs (including the activity book nicely given to us from 'mum-wants-a-hat' (thanks again!)). However, for the younger kids (under 3) and the older kids (over 8), we don't know what to put in the 'packs' or if we should even do a pack for them? My H2B thinks that kids under 3 shouldn't get anything at all as their parents will bring them toys but I think that would be awful but I've no idea what we could get them and, for the older kids, I don't know what would be ok? I can't imagine they'd like to get a drawing/colouring book!

Needless to say, we don't have our own kids so are useless with this! :-)

6 replies

Latest activity by jonesy10, 12 March, 2013 at 15:45
  • Carpe Diem
    Beginner
    Carpe Diem ·
    • Hide content

I have 3 so may be of some help!

I would definetly do a pack for all of them if your going to as not fair otherwise and you will have some upset children on your hands! Obviously don't worry about babies as they won't know any different but toddlers I would and over 8.ASDA have quite a few cheap little toys in their pocket money section.

for under 3 - some crayons and a simple colouring book/pad, a little board story book, a little cuddly toy/beanie, plastic car/digger/truck, mini aqua draw mats

over 8s- puzzle books with word searches etc. would be perfect and a pen, disposable camera and I SPy game (have to search for items and take a pic), card games, mini board game, if nearer 8 then plastic little toy soldiers or metal cars are still a hit!

Sure there's loads more, will have a think xx

• C
    Beginner April 2015
    Cupcakebex ·
    • Hide content

I am buying kids activity books from ebay. They are called "something to keep you happy when the adults are being boring at the dinner table"

Lots of the same book but different sellers but best price was £6 and free p&p

Is suitable for 5-12 years and you just need to buy crayons/pens

I think they look good and a quality product with lots to do

Good luck hunting Smiley smile x

• L
    Beginner September 2013
    larsty ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm planning on doing little 'packs' too. I am going to get some modelling clay, sticker or puzzle books (depending on age) maybe an etch-a-scetch type thing I've seen in poundland and a disposable camera for the older ones. I'm trying to make them personalised so I know one of the children coming loves trains so will try and get train type things or a little toy train etc.

t4yt0 I don't suppose you could email me a copy of the activity book you kindly recieved from mum-wants-a-hat? (**************@*******.**.**)

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    miniloopie ·
    • Hide content

We're doing packs too and I went to The Works today and managed to get some simple crafty things to put in... Pom Pom animals for £1.50 and card framed mirrors they can colour in for a couple of pounds. We plan to add activity books and chocs too!

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

I just went to the pound shop and got a range of different colouring books....

Something with a word search an stickers for the 7 year olds..

Something sticker based for the 4 year old..

And just a basic colouring book for the 2 year olds...Yes they can't colour but they enjoy scribbling!

x

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

My sister recently got married and my daughter (1, almost 2) was a flowergirl along with four others who were between 2 and 5. They had little gift bags which I think she made quite cheaply with a little wooden heart on which she wrote thank you (name) for being our flowergirl. Inside were little notepads, colouring pencils/crayons, stickers, tiny teddy bear, a little book and I think some white chocolate buttons! We of course brought along toys and snacks to keep our little one occupied but she LOVED her little giftbag on the table. She particularly enjoyed playing with the stickers and still has them. They were little cats and look like they might have been from accessorize. There were also some hungry caterpillar ones. Of course she loved the choc buttons too :-)

I don't think you have to give the little ones gift bags but if your budget can stretch to it, it's a lovely gesture and can probably be done quite cheaply. I've seen stickers for 89p recently in waterstones and whsmiths. Having something they haven't seen before will keep them occupied for a while but parents will probably bring along a few bits anyway!

I think as kids get a bit older they like to be treated more like the grown ups and may just want normal favours, say for over 10s?

I'm trying to think of ideas for the older ones....it's difficult isn't it! They probably won't want to be treated like the younger ones. You might be able to get away with normal favours for the over 8s. Or you could make them child themed, say haribo or fizzy cola bottles, flying saucers rather than chocolates. Might stop them getting choc fingers on their nice wedding clothes too!! ;-)

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    jonesy10 ·
    • Hide content

I have bought large packs of mini sticker books, a stretchy yellow man and a pack of crayons. Put in into an old fashioned stripey sweety bag. Plus the favours a sweets!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics