Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire

Kids Entertainment

Emily, 9 of November of 2021 at 15:37 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hiya,

We're getting married in lovely farmhouse in September. We have 8 children (between 3-10) who will be at the cermeony. There is tons of space inside and out and its perfectly safe for them. I was just wondered how to keep them entertained during the day as I understands its a long and boring day for them!

I was going to do a table where we are eating with pencils on and colouring books to keep them a little enterained but wondered if anyone else had any suggestions?

The courtyard is too small for a bouncy castle but we are thinking about getting some outdoor toys such as connect 4, skittles etc but wanted something else incase the weather isn't great or they can't go outside!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

8 replies

Latest activity by Emily, 9 of November of 2021 at 16:13
  • K
    Curious July 2023 Lincolnshire
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content
    We're having a similar number of children of similar ages. I'm planning on a VIP area for them with a couple of cheep teepees with blankets and cushion etc so they have somewhere to chill out when it gets a bit late for them. As well as colouring books, we thought a treasure hunt would be nice - planting 100 rings around the location and the winner gets a prize. We're also getting disposable cameras and setting an I spy challenge...thought we might end up with some great photos this way!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea! We have lots of different little seating areas at the venue so this is a great idea with cushions etc.

I'd love disposable cameras and that sounds like a great way to get pictures!

Thank you!

• Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    We’ll have 5 kids from 6-11 at ours - planning to get them cheap cameras and set them a photo challenge but we’ve not got much further than that…that said, we’ve got rooms on site so will probably use one as a space they can chill/watch tv in - will ask the parents (my brothers) to bring whatever is currently entertaining them. My current biggest worry is getting those who have mobiles to put them down during the ceremony 🤣!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't think about the rooms so great idea!! Yes - this is the thing, what entertains them now won't in 2 years!

I know what you mean! I don't want a load of people with their phones out in the back of my wedding pictures! I was thinking about saying none in the room we're getting married in but unsure how to word it!

• Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content

Yes, it’s hard to know what they’ll be into but their parents should help… I just hope my step son to be (who is the youngest) can cope without his daddy’s attention for most of the day… at least he’ll have my nieces/nephew (and his side of the family) to distract him!

And re phones, I meant my nieces but yes, others too! I hope that the grown ups will respond positive to a politely worded “we’ve paid for a photographer and would rather see your faces than your phones” type message somewhere… I’m sure that others have put it better than I can though!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, my step son to be will be 7, but luckily he absolutley loves being around others his age and having more adults to get juice and sweets from.

Yes, the older children with their phones will be a challenge! Smiley smile but.. i like the message. Short and to the point!

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We have a separate section of our room where we will be putting a Switch so they can play Just Dance and Mario Kart. Our venue will provide bean bags etc for them in there as well. For the meal we have ordered them each activity packs for their age group so they can do that at the table with their parents rather than separate them. Have a look on Etsy for kids wedding activity packs, there are some good ones where they have to find someone wearing a certain colour item, or colour of hair etc, so is a bit more interactive and fun.

The garden games is a great idea, just check with your venue as for HSE they will likely ask that it is supervised so you would need to ensure someone is with them, or if you hire a company they will probably provide someone.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, we are torn with that but we think they may want to sit with eachother. I'll check etsy out though thank you!

Yes, anything outside would have to have supervision so we would be looking at inside enterainment first so we wouldn't have to have someone outside all the time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics