Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2013

Kids Table - Vintage Wedding. Entertainment?

Future_Mrs_Mc, 3 January, 2013 at 15:45 Posted on Planning 0 6

Afternoon All,

Need a bit of advice. Planning of having a childrens only table at my wedding. With Children on there ranging from 2 1/2 up to 12 and would like some ideas of what to use for quiet, cost effective entertainment for them.

I have thoguht the usual colouring books and crayons etc, but need to be a bit more creative i think. Any one who has any ideas or who has had a childrens table at their wedding, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance Smiley laugh

6 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 10 January, 2013 at 14:41
  • Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

We are having a kids room as the mezzanine is not going to be used in the wedding, there will be a Wii, board games and twister and fun toys.

How about a Magic set for your table? Party bags for each child with some fun but cheap party bag toys in? You dont want anything too messy as the kids will probably be in their best garms. Maybe a game of EYE SPY with disposable cameras for each of the kids to take pictures of specific things, that probably wont keep them at the table but at least they will be busy hunting for things to photograph instead of getting up to mischief

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

You said vintage I think this fits the bill ------ if you dare !!!

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    Future_Mrs_Mc ·
    • Hide content

I love the iSpy thing for the older children, it sounds like something that will be right up their street....

Also them Aeroplanes a fabulous, where would I get something like that from? I was going to just do paper aeroplanes but they are alot better!!

More ideas are welcome as I have to try and keep these children quietly entertained (and clean) for a good 2 hours at least

Thanks in Advance

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

You'd find airplanes like that on ebay or amazon I'd have thought, look for party bag toys.

Are the parents of the LOs happy to be seated away from them?

Bubbles are good too, kids love them.

• oneforfxckall
    Beginner November 2014
    oneforfxckall ·
    • Hide content

Make a collection in the middle of the table with some Boardgames (think Hungry Hungry Hippos/Operation) pots of colouring pens/pencils, some paper, some colouring books/ and get a few cheap disposable cameras for them to take their own photos (the older kids might have their phones but the ones who don't would enjoy it)

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

By the magic of - very expensive professional camera.

Here is a blow up of the label in the picture

And here is what they look like built (the Dads love it too )!

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My daughter had several children to her Alice themed wedding. They had a sweet table, bubble machine, glow sticks, masks, a few cheap games, flamingo crochet and giant jenga

Hope that helps

Lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics