Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

yes2011
Beginner

Kids toy boxes - collect ideas

yes2011, 20 of June of 2011 at 12:27 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

we're having a few kids at our wedding (aged 1, 3, 5, 6 and 10). I was wondering what kinds of toys you would prepare for them to keep them entertained. What worked, what didn't? Did you have little boxes or bags for them? I recently went to a wedding where they had simple balloons (without helium) and the kids went crazy about them.

So I'm buying blow bubbles and balloons for a start, but a bouncy castle is unforunately out of our budget. I'd say we can spend 40-50 pounds overall for toys.

Any ideas, flashes, supplier sources?

Thanks a lot!

Anja

5 replies

Latest activity by Flex, 10 of September of 2024 at 09:43
  • yes2011
    Beginner
    yes2011 ·
    • Hide content

Hope it's ok to re-post: in case anyone has bought some games and gifts for the kids at the wedding, I'd love to hear about it Smiley smile

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Look back through previous posts and you'll see this come up a lot so you may get some good inspiration from there.

I went to Asda and the like to get skipping ropes, skittles, hoops etc for the children. Also got them a book each and colouring pencils / books, bubbles, a teddy, stickers and mini connect 4.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I did gift bags for the children and gave them things suitable to age and gender. The girls all had fairy wings and a wand each, the boys a car. There were crafty things for the older children like colouring books and crayons, sewing/embroidery kits, slinky's which kept them amused for a while. The babies had teddies and a mobile phone each. We also had a cricket and croquet set for them on the lawn which went down a treat. I also had helium balloons in the room where we had the children, these were the most popular 'toy' choice!

Parents at our wedding asked us not to give the children bubbles as they were concerned they would spill it on themselves, other people or the floor!

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

We have thre boys - 4,6,11, coming. I have made them little bags with colouring book, quiz/wordsearch book, stickers, coloured pencils, pen, pencil set, bubbles, wind up toy cars, little puzzle games for the older one, those foam planes you can make up, masks, can't think of what else. I spent less than a tenner on it all. Some of the stuff I picked up for free - left over from crackers, found in the backs of cupboards at home, or very cheaply in charity shops, sales at tescos etc. Last week tescos was selling off lots of little bits like craft kits, party bag items etc for very little.

I also have got giant garden games but have borrowed these for free from some friends in the scouts. I remember seeing someone on here who had borrowed games from their local playgroup. I'll ask the mum of the boys to bring a football too as we have large grounds they can let off steam in.

• O
    Beginner January 2021 South West London
    Oleg ·
    • Hide content

How do you help your child develop logical thinking? What is the best thing to buy for this? What toys to consider or maybe board games to buy. Our child is 4 years old.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics