Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Curious August 2021 Cheshire

Kilt at wedding

Happyyellowcakes15704, 3 of May of 2021 at 22:06 Posted on Planning 0 7
I'm just asking for views as just checking really what people think. Getting married in August, live in England but H2B is Welsh. My Dad is scottish and there will be him, my uncle and cousin all from that family. He hasn't asked but he owns a kilt and so does my uncle although different clans. Different surnames.

We are getting married in Wales and H2B looking at grey suits which would maybe match my dad's grey kilt.
My parents are divorced and my Mum said that he didn't wear a kilt for their wedding. Asked H2B and he said Dad can wear whatever and happy for kilt to be worn as he will just match best man.Just wondering if people think FOB should wear suits like wedding party or if it will look silly three men in different coloured kilts?
Many thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 11:44
  • C
    Beginner July 2021 Cambridgeshire
    Clare ·
    • Hide content

My dad has his own kilt and my fiance has just bought his kilt, they are different tartans. The best man and usher will wear the same tartan as my fiance. My FIL to be will be wearing a suit. So we have 3 different outfits for the men. I think it will be fine! Kilts are so expensive that it would be a shame to not be able to wear the kilts than each of the men have.

• H
    Happyyellowcakes15704 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Clare. That's what I think. Plus we are in a castle so a nice outfit. It's moreso my fiancé is not wearing one however states he's happy Dad wearing either.
  • Abiscott
    Curious August 2022 Derbyshire
    Abiscott ·
    • Hide content

Definitely go with the different kilts, the kilt means something to the person wearing it, rather than just hired matchy matchy because it’s the done thing. After all, no one thinks it strange at a royal wedding when all the men are in different military or traditional attire.

• H
    Happyyellowcakes15704 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your response. I mean we do definitely want our wedding to be our thing rather than what's expected but just wanted to check as I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed about it being so close. X
  • Amy
    Beginner May 2023 Aberdeen & Deeside
    Amy ·
    • Hide content

My partner, his groomsmen and my dad are all wearing different kilts from their respective clans, go with whatever you feel suits you best!

• H
    Happyyellowcakes15704 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amy. I think I have always thought kilts would be nice but wanted some feedback x
  • Amy
    Beginner May 2023 Aberdeen & Deeside
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I might be biased as I am getting married in the north of Scotland to a highlander, but I love kilts! I think they look great whether it be in the wedding party or guests! You can't go wrong with them no matter if you choose to have matching ones or go with each clan x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics