Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Kilt hire

3 of September of 2011 at 20:38 Posted on Planning 0 4

hey ladies,

iv seen many of you have had kilts for the groom and party and im guessing some of you will be having them.

so far iv been to moss bros and wasnt keen on their colours and we have been to debehams and seen theirs (youngs hire) and they have the kilt colour i like, but im just checking if there are any other options out there that you can recommend to me?

ps. when i say a kilt colour i like, my h2b isnt scottish he is just wearing one to be quirky!
(long story short i told him he can choose 2 items on his own for the wedding.
what he wears
evening food.

therefore we have a kilt for a non scott groom
and hog roast at my jewish wedding !!!!)

4 replies

Latest activity by Karenkatie4, 13 of July of 2023 at 20:21
  • Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

My favourite tartan is the one my OH has chosen for our wedding, it is called Spirit of Bannockburn. (with a name like that thought I don't know how it would go down with non scots lol)

Generally speaking i like bluey purpley ones x

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.kilts-4-u.com/page_4.html?zenid=7c0661be51b0750b7c734fa98aec6bdc

try some of the kilt shop websites as they sometimes have tartans on there, i have listed one of them above

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

My OH is wearing black watch.It's my favorite one,his surname does have it's own tartan but i don't really like it.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

If you look up your OH's surname there may be a recommended tartan for him - don't forget that Welsh ans Irish families also have family tartans - my OH has a Welsh tartan kilt.

Try this for scots : https://www.houseoftartan.co.uk/house/tfinder.htm

or this for welsh : https://www.welsh-tartan.com/

but I can't find an Irish one.

But remember that you can't hire all tartans - only the most common ones. Buying a kilt cost £60-400.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics