Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2015

Kilt Hire in London and Advice.....Help!!

shellz27, 25 of September of 2013 at 09:56 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi,

My H2B is scottish and will be wearing a kilt on our wedding day with his BM, My theme is Navy and ivory, I have a slight problem My Dad is not scottish and will not be wearing a kilt so i was wondering if he and my page boy would look Silly in Navy suits, and also can you Hire a Navy Jacket to wear with a Kilt,

Can anyone recommend where i can Hire these from in London?

Michelle

4 replies

Latest activity by Sange!, 25 of September of 2013 at 13:47
  • F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

At many Scottish weddings there are men who prefer not to wear kilts and will wear suits whilst others are in kilts so I wouldn't worry about that. I'm sure you'd far prefer they were all comfortable on the day. I think you can get different coloured jackets for kilts, although I'm not sure if I've seen navy before. Debenhams do formal hire and this also includes highland wear so it might be a good place to start and ask them about jacket colours. Would he need to be in a navy jacket? What about if there was blue within the tartan instead?

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    Munstermad ·
    • Hide content

Hi Michelle

I got married to a Scot last month (in Scotland) and had the same colour scheme as you. We're Irish and while my dad initially said he'd wear a kilt, he chickened out and bought a suit, which just happened to be navy. My husband's kilt jacket was black as was the best man's and honestly, it all looked great. The joy of the kilt is that it brings variety and our best man and ushers had different tartans and even jackets.

Is it important for you that everything matches? If it is, that does of course change things. You can get navy kilt jackets but it may be more difficult if you are hiring a kilt of course. Debenhams definitely is a good suggestion as they are quite reasonable and I believe have shared stock so more likely to be able to get what you want. The brave Irish were all planning to order kilts from Debenhams who would bring them in from the UK to the Irish stores for trying on etc. and then could be left back to a UK store (only that the brave Irish weren't brave for a finish!!)

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    shellz27 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your help Ladies...

The jacket doesnt have to be Navy as i know intially these are usually Black Jackets. I hadnt thought about it till someone brought up the subject of would my dad look Silly in a Navy suit if there suit jackets are black, and would it clash in the photos. The kilt will have some sort of Navy blue through the exact tartan hasnt been decided yet. So i thought it would all tie in...

Ill have to have a look at debenhams i never knew they dont kilt hire, I was starting to think we may have to take a trip to scotland to get these..

Thank you again Michelle

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weddingvirgin ·
    • Hide content

What about Slaters, they have quite a few stores around the country and do kilt hire.

We live in Reading but are getting married near Aberdeen so my fiance and his best man and page boys are getting measured down here then we will pick the kilts up in Aberdeen.

• Sange!
    Beginner January 1997
    Sange! ·
    • Hide content

Any decent hire shop should do kilts. I know Moss Bros do, they've got about 15 different tartans.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics