Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ooh la la
Beginner August 2013

Kingscote Barn...(eeak - we're starting the venue hunt!)

ooh la la, 7 April, 2010 at 18:26 Posted on Planning 0 40

Hello ?

So, the OH and I have been discussing venues today and the one that he likes the most is Kingscote Barn. We're hoping to go and view it at the weekend if possible and we're very excited! Have any of you been to weddings there? Can anyone share any advice on it? I know Drifter is getting married there, so Drifter....you about?!

I have tried searching previous threads on the venue, but no matches are showing (think there may be a problem with the search function!)

Thanks in advance!

40 replies

Latest activity by drifter, 13 July, 2010 at 21:39
  • M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content

Hello!!

WOW is all I can say it is GORG!!! if I was planning mine all over again I would def go for somewhere like this is stunning!!!

Sorry I havnt been to a wedding their etc but just wanted to say how amazing it looks!!

Claire

xx

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Aww, bless you Claire! Thanks lovely!

Not sure what my parents are going to say - they own a lot of land and we were planning on hiring a marquee and having it on their land, but my Mum is being/has been a complete PITA about it all, so we're looking at a "neutral" venue!

x

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

And you expect me to travel for 3 hours with a small baby?!

?

Looks gorgeous. Just right for you two!

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Am I right in thinking that's near me? I recognise the name because my caterers are the usual caterers for Kingscote Barn.

How exciting!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You rascal!

I didn't realise P was so young! He looks a lot older in real life!!!

?

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

no idea! lol

possibly - who are your caterers?

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Strawberry Field - yup it's the one I'm thinking of! Have heard lots about it. Also nearby is Priston Mill where my boss got married last year.

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Hey lovely

Kingscote is lovely, I will email you rather than writing here, if you had said before they had an open day last weekend!

ooo If your in the area try Cripps barn too it's stunning as well

x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh, thanks Drifter! x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

You have facebook email!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thanks lovely! x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

ooh, Claire - thanks lovely. I'll have a google now.

Your plans going well?

x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

ooh wow, you are organised! Done any stationery stuff yet?

We're going for a viewing on Friday. Rob spoke to the lady there and she said that it'll be set up for a wedding, so it will be fab to see it all weddingy!

I've emailed Cripps Barn and your suggestion too, to see if we can view them whilst we're down there. Though I have to say that Kingscote are in the lead so far for promptness of communication and overall fabbity! lol.

I reeeally hope they're free for our chosen date and that all is perfect!

(I haven't been on here for ages, but has the post writing box's font always been this small?!?!)

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

You can book more than a year in advance in Gloucestershire!

I know some areas will only let you book registrars 12 months in advance.

Kingscote is an amazing venue and I'm certain you will not be disappointed.

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

OLL

as an aside there is alsothe great thyte barn in Tetbury (wasn't for us lot less barny than kingscote) but maybe worth a quick hello if your down.

Can't believe you are going to be right by my home town let me know if you want lunch venue ideas!

Ooo have you looked at http://www.matara.co.uk/

not a barn but 5 min down the road from kingscote and while nothing like kingscote friends of mine who loved Kingscote prefered matara.

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi i've only just seen this, i only live a few miles down the road from there.

kingscote barn is lovely. the only issue i've ever had with a wedding there is that as the bar room is separate, a lot of guests tend to congregate there and not to into the "entertainment"/main room with the disco in and not dance.

you might also like to try the tythe barn at tetbury, this is a very similar venue and absolutely lovely (in my opinion it's nicer - but both are lovely)

hope this helps xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I've done one wedding there last year, it is a lovely venue, I'll try & get some pics from the bride for you.

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Ahha Emsa, that's something for us to definitely think about when we go there for the viewing.

Wow, Sherrie, thanks for that Smiley smile

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Ooh ooh ooh!! Venue hunting! So exciting!! It looks stunning too, and not too dissimilar to my venue actually!

How the hell are you?? We've missed you round here!

P.S Look at the state of my ticker! ?

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

OLL

Ahh I forgot to mention about the bar being in a different area to the main room, this was a bonus for us as it means there is some where people can go for some quiet space but I can see it might draw people away from the entertainment but I suspect that depends on your guests and how much they like to dance for my guests dancing will draw them back in.

Just been googeling the area to see what else there is and stumbled on this

http://www.wellingtonbarn.co.uk/civilceremonies.html

one more thought while your down is westonbirt arboretum you can have a ceramony outside there if you want and the great hall is stunning we went to a reception there a couple of years ago.

Lots and lots of other nice venues in the area but not quiet so barny!

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Crashing in with wellie boots on!

Emsa1 you live near Kingscote you must be a gloucestershire bride where have you been hiding I might need to pick your brains!

How is your planning going have I missed where your venue is?

Fancyfree you too missey if Strawberry fields is your caterer where are you getting wed bristol/ bath way?

look all you nearly local people now I know where to find brains to pick about flowers and hair and make up!

Ok I am handing the thread back to more praise of lovely lovely kingscote barn OLL I can't wait for you to see it I might need to pick your brains about my flower ideas once you have seen inside!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, that is some ticker! lol

How's everything going?

I'm ok thanks, just plodding along at uni [sigh!] I'll be sooooo pleased when the Summer holidays come round!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hmmm, they're ok, but not quite Kingscote! lol

Thanks for your googling!

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

See I didn't want to say that but now you have so it's ok ?

I remember uni plodding it feels so slow up to Easter but I promise post Easter through to summer is super quick (especially in your final year).

I am so unreasonably excited some one else is finally looking at kingscote i was starting to feel like a venue loaner no one knows it!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Everything's coming along okay actually, feel quite organised at the moment! Got my dress, it's hanging up at mum and dad's, have my fitting at the start of June for that. Sending out the day invites now and have already had a few RSVPs back out of the ones we've sent!

Bridesmaids dresses are all sorted, been for a hair trial and got a make up one on Saturday, ordered cake, so most things are sorted, main thing on to-do list is the mens suits!

So you're in your final year now then, and you'll be starting the PGCE in the autumn? Or is it the PGCE you're doing now? <forgetful>

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Psssst - yes the font in the reply window is tiny, I noticed it too after some time away. grr. all the best with your venue hunt Smiley smile

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh cool! Exciting!

Yup, final year - start the PGCE next year (meaning the wedding will be after my NQT year)

Thanks teehee, I thought it was different!

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi drifter yes indeed i am a gloucestershire bride however we are getting married in the cardiff area as we found our perfect venue there.....however feel free to pick my brains on anything as lots of my suppliers are local to the mighty glos, and i have probably been to at least a gazzilion weddings locally!!!!!!!!!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

About time OLL!! It looks lovely. Keep us updated. You've been here over a year now with millions of posts and you're just starting to look at venues! (Okay, you did cheat and join before you were engaged!)

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

OLL

Don't forget to tell us how it went,

I tell me what you think of Kingscote (I won't be offended if you don't like it). Did you look anywhere else while you were in the area?

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

I know that the lovely Claire started the other thread on how the venue viewing went, but I wanted to add a photo I took yesterday, for Drifter's benefit...

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh lovely lovely barn!

I can't wait so looking foward to planning flowers etc.

So Mrs OLL how do you feel about it today?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics