Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ooh la la
Beginner August 2013

Kingscote Barn...(eeak - we're starting the venue hunt!)

ooh la la, 7 April, 2010 at 18:26

Posted on Planning 40

Hello ? So, the OH and I have been discussing venues today and the one that he likes the most is Kingscote Barn. We're hoping to go and view it at the weekend if possible and we're very excited! Have any of you been to weddings there? Can anyone share any advice on it? I know Drifter is getting...

Hello ?

So, the OH and I have been discussing venues today and the one that he likes the most is Kingscote Barn. We're hoping to go and view it at the weekend if possible and we're very excited! Have any of you been to weddings there? Can anyone share any advice on it? I know Drifter is getting married there, so Drifter....you about?!

I have tried searching previous threads on the venue, but no matches are showing (think there may be a problem with the search function!)

Thanks in advance!

40 replies

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

You having a civil ceremony Drifter, or getting married in the local church?

I still love it Smiley smile

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Hey OLL

We are both Tetbury born and bred, so we are having the full church service at Holy Trinity Church long Newton. The music festival is on in St marys church in Tetbury so we got our pick from the rest of the parish. Which suited us as small country church is much more our style.

Kingscote church is lovely too.

• N
    Beginner
    natalierory ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Just seen this forum, we are looking at Kingscote for our wedding in 2012. Would any of you mind sharing what the caterers charge for food and drinks per head.

Thanks

Natalie x x

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

I live in Gloucestershire and have been to most of the venues around here either researching for our wedding or as a wedding guest.

I went to Kingscote in summer 2008 and was very impressed. The food was lovely and just the right amount (not sure which caterer my friend used though as think she said there were about 3 to choose from). The grounds are beautiful and the backdrop is amazing, just fields and fields as far as you can see. They also have a little cottage which is lovely inside that the bride can use to get ready in.

The barn itself inside is lovely as well, modern inside but has a nice rustic feel. The bar area is separate, but I like that as sometimes people want to move away from the disco and go somewhere a little bit quieter. Have you looked anywhere else in the area? Matara is meant to be lovely, v expensive and a bit alternative for my personal liking but it's had good reviews

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

ONatalierory

I am getting married at kingscote this year, we are using crown for food as we had the best meetings with them.

I would suggest you contact the cateres for 2012 prices and to discuss what your food needs are as most willhelp you work with your budget.

As a basic guide strawberry fields and crown are the most reasonable and Willias Kitchen tend towards the higher end.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics