Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2013

Kitchens: Upstands and splashbacks????

HAG13, 22 of November of 2012 at 10:42 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

Morning all

We're currently in the process of having our kitchen re-done and I'm in a little bit of a dilemma. We're not having wall tiles just an oak up stand to finish off the worktop and a stainless steel splash back behind the hob, now I don't know if I want the splash back on top of the up stand or on top of the worktop? The up stand is 80mm tall and about 20mm deep, the splash back is about 8m deep so if we have it flush with the top, they'll be a defined bit of up stand where its cut to make way with for the splash back but if we put the splash back sitting on top of the up stand, won't the oak get mucky and manky (obvs it'll be treated and cleaned regularly, will it even get too hot and go funny??).

So if you have up stands and a splash back, what have you done??

6 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 22 of November of 2012 at 13:15
  • Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

We have an up stand around the edge and then our splash back is on top of the work top. I've flashed a pic below so you can see what I mean (excuse the mess our kitchen was still work in progress at this stage)! The gap is where our splashback is and then we had an upstand which matched our work tops!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I'd have the splashback all the way to the worktop like Becklarr's photo.

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

This is what I had been thinking but the carpenter said he usually does it so the splash back sits after the up stand.

Thanks Ladies!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

Just to add mine is the same.

We have oak upstands and a stainless steel splashback and the splashback sits flush with the work surface and there is a gap in the upstands.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Defo splashback right down to the worktop, no upstand. This is what we do in our houses at work

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I have upstands all the way round but my steel splashback goes from worktop at the back of the hob all the way up. Less crevices for grease to collect and it looks neat.

excuse the melon

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics