Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Beginner January 2012

Kleeneze/Lakeland catalogue stuff

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 12 July, 2012 at 14:17 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 55

We had a Kleeneze catalogue through our door yesterday. I had a quick look and was amazed at the sheer number of gadgety kitchenware they sell, most of it unadulterated sh*t.

Will anyone own up to buying a microwave omelette maker?

Is there anything worth buying in these catalogues? The potato sacks looked alright.

55 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 16 July, 2012 at 13:14
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Look! Look at all the tubs!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

And a house for garlic. Not for onions or peppers, they've got their own houses for sale.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

The stuff in these are amazing, serioulsy, things your gran would have!!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

We have the omelette maker in the office. It's tiny and messy. Think we've used it once. It's now gathering dust next to the Potato sack and Garlic House. I find if you look at those catalogues for long enough (usually whilst having some quiet time on the lav) you'll want to buy more things. Just me? I'll get me coat.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I would consider the micorwave egg poacher as I'm usually cooking for myself and HATE washing up, rather that than a pot and other faff to make a poached egg (which never works anyway!)

I do on the other hand love Lakeland far too much for someone of my young years!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't buy one, but I have one!!! Mummy used to be a tupperware party lady!

Have never once actually used it for making omelettes though!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

me too

*has a weekly visit to the local one*

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

some of these are tiny, what would you put in them?!

Doesn't every one just reuse the plastic boxes their take away comes in?!

Ive got a couple of things from lakeland but baking stuff like tins or pie dishes. dont have any gadgety/lazy things!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Never heard of Kleeneze but Lakeland is fab! I like to wander around their stores just having a good old poke around! MIL is getting me a heated airer for my birthday (for drying clothes on).

I will admit to owning a garlic/onion canister, garlic sits in the top and the onions have their base in the bottom. I also own an inordinate amount of Tupperware, I love the stuff. I also own this: /15854/bag-master-food-bag-holder-stand and use it in the winter for my soups!

MIL has every single one of the useless fruit things, like strawberry hullers and pineapple corers and the cherry stoners. And she uses them all!!

I love Lakeland! ❤️

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know. If you use the olives for scale, those green ones on the right are too diddy for anything except a grape or two.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Mrs Bass - I don't use the tiny tupperwares as I just think... if there's only that much left I'll just blimmin' well eat it! Might explain the podge on me... MIL uses them though and tupperwares up the tiny leftovers like if she grates a bit too much cheese.

ETA I lie... I have one tiny tupperware containing some spices from my grandma. Technically though she GAVE me the tupperware with the spices already inside so it doesn't count.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

The tiny tupperware thing i use for salad dressings if im taking salad to work!!!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hoped you'd be on board too!

*is subscribed to them on Facebook*

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I buy far too much from Lakeland although my brother works there so hello staff discount!! Smiley tongue

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Ive got a thing for bananas, its like a yellow bag and you keep bananas in the fridge with it so they keep for longer. My Mum gave me it. Load of shi*e. Only used it one bloody things went black.

My Mum has nearly everything from the range. She's such a gadget sucker. Some sort of potato thing that makes a spud into chips...

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are just the right size for meals for a one year old. The next size up is an ideal meal size for a toddler? So I have loads of them but don't use the smallest ones anymore as she uses the enxt size up, so may shortly have them for sale if anyone wants them??

I have the potato sack which is currently housing vodka with raspberries in it.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE owt like that. Im such an old lady, although don't buy much.

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are a damn fine looking old lady though?

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Not bad for 80 ? But you would think it- sat here in my cardi and floral slippers. Oh and those little tubs are handy for dips, oils and bread etc, single portions of pasta sauce (use to make and freeze batches when lived on own)

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

I don't have an omelette maker, but I did have a poacher. It was great! But it blew up in the microwave and the plastic broke so couldn't be used. ☹️ Sad times. I hate trying to make poached eggs on the hob, they always go wrong. Now I am wothout the microwave poacher, I don't have poached eggs at home ☹️

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Hello new best friend...

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Little T has some of those for his lunch boxes - they actually fit a load of grapes. I also do things like cheese cubes and biccies etc

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I love these catalogues. At uni we would frequently order all manner of crap for each other- such japes!

either way, I liked this one best;

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Useful thing from Lakeland - a battery operated bobble remover for bobbly jumpers. It works.

A rubbish thing from my MIL - a plastic net thingy that is supposed to make your oven chips crispy. I've never tried it but it looks sh1te.

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo actually that's a good idea for packed lunches!

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

My Nan's kitchen is the next best thing to Lakeland...She has EVERYTHING!!!!! ?

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

is this not called "The Chippy"?? I never make chips at home. lol

I actually got a Kleeneze book yesterday, I want soooooo much kitchen gadgetry!

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep 20% plus loads of freebies and they have a 'charity list' and it's basically people bringing stuff back saying its broken or they don't want it, it gets checked by tech guys and all the staff get what they want. We got one of those blow up driers that cost around £60 for £2 and it wasn't Even taken out the plastic wrapping by the customer. She just decided she didn't want it!!

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Do you mind me telling you I love you? £2? Fab!

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not at all!! Smiley smile it's brilliant and my mum worked there for a bit too. Although our kitchen is filled with every Lakeland gadget going! Even things I'm not sure quite what they do!!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I'm SO jealous. I really want to work for Lakeland. I think I would be in heaven.

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

For those of you moaning about poaching eggs on the hob try Poach Pods from Lakeland:

They float in the water and only take a couple of minutes. They do unfortunately look like tits on your toast - the pods are rounded on the bottom and sometimes the yolk goes down to the bottom so resembles a nip!

I love Lakeland - the Ipswich store is in a beautiful old building (supposedly haunted) that's all up & down with little rooms and they seem to rearrange the store regularly so every time I go in there I have to go round the whole store and end up getting far more than I went in for.

I can also recommend their cling film wrapmaster:

You don't get the film clinging to itself or end up with a crushed box.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics