Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

Knickers.....

MrsB2015, 16 of July of 2014 at 22:13 Posted on Planning 0 20

Might be a bit personal but what are u all doing for underwear? I won't be wearing a bra but don't know what to do about knickers. On normal nights out mine put Bridget jones to shame but guessing OH doesn't want to see that on our wedding night!!

So any fancy pants suggestions?

xx

20 replies

Latest activity by Marco, 29 of November of 2020 at 00:29
  • MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

Im going for the Bridget jones as my dress is very fitted then going to freshen up and change into nice wedding undies once we get back to our suite. If we aren't too tired/drunk!

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

My dress is pretty fitted as well that's why the Bridget's were springing to mind.

I can just here my OH now as I am climbing out of my dress .... "Classy baby really classy" lol

xx

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I'm the kind of girl who's built for comfort, and I was wondering the same thing. Randomly, OH and I and some friends got into a conversation about womens underwear, and when we got home I asked (hinting but trying not to let him know what I was thinking) whether he ever wishes I wore sexier undies, even for special occasions. His response: 'Darl, I don't care what you wear, cos I'll only want you to take them off anyway!!'

I shall therefore be sticking to my normal comfortable pants - Bridget though they may be!

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

Im not wearing a bra either as got one built into my dress and pretty small chested anyway, so nothing is going to fall out lol

Think ill stick to comfort, so just nice and comfortable, we have the kids on our wedding night so will keep the nice underwear for our honeymooon the week after ;-)

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, but it saddens me to see you all talking about comfort rather than sexiness.

First of all, you can still have something sexy, without it being uncomfortable or unflattering - its just all about getting the right fit. People often buy skimpy knicks that are really too small, thereby creating extra lines/creases/muffin tops, which really CAN be avoided by just buying the right size and the right fabric.

Second of all, it is YOUR WEDDING DAY! All the effort you are going to for every other aspect of your appearance, and you are thinking of wearing "comfortable pants".....???? REALLY???? Go and buy yourselves a pair of sexy knickers - they don't have to be expensive, they don't have to be crotchless, or anything like that (although if that's what you want, then go for it) but I'll bet you almost anything that they make you feel even better, just knowing that you are wearing something unexpected underneath.....I reckon you'll have an extra twinkle in your eye all day.....sort of an "I know something you don't" feel.

As you'll have gathered, undies are important to me. When I was married before, I spent 20 years wearing "comfortable".....if ever I put on sexy undies, or even anything remotely so, I would get a negative comment. So I learned to remain "comfortable". Life has since changed, and this girl never has a day, regardless of whether I am going out on the town, to the office for work, or I'm doing the housework, without matching undies. It doesn't matter if I'm on my own, or if H2B is going to see them, it is all about the way they make me feel. I now find that if for any reason I do put on something that doesn't match, or is "comfortable" (as you would describe it from your posts) I actually feel quite frumpy, for want of a better word, and end up having a meh day as a result!

So, my "comfies" are for the gym and cycling to work only. And that's where they will remain. Certainly NOT under my wedding dress.....perish the thought!

Please don't think I'm dissing the need to be confident in what you are wearing - anything BUT! But please don't write off something a little more "ooh" for your big day. There are things out there for all shapes and sizes. Staff in underwear shops will be more than happy to measure, suggest, help, to get you something that works. You can spend £10 or £100 on a pair of knickers, but don't not look!

Boux Avenue, Debenhams, John Lewis - all very reasonably prices and good ranges. Victoria's secret, La Perla and Rigby and Pellar if you have the budget and want a little more "ooh" from the high street (if you have one near you, of course!), and google is your friend if you want to look online.

Come on girls, a little va va voom please!!! xx

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

This is my set from gossard and I love it.

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to go against the majority here! I bought a corset to go under my dress, I'm also pretty flat chested but the thought of wearing nothing under my strapless dress makes me panic about it falling down and having a nip slip! I got some undies to match, they're very skimpy but perfectly comfortable and I tend to wear skimpy knickers anyway so they're just like normal!

Plus makes it easier when im trying to go to the bathroom in my dress!!

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Kimiu, I loved, loved, loved your post and totally understand where you're coming from.

Personally, I don't wear sexy underwear very often but OH always tops up my stocking with a set from Rigby & Pellar at Christmas - which then over time become my comfy and normal underwear.

As hard as I try I just can't get comfortable in sexy underwear, let alone in 32 degrees heat. I'm going for a pair of spanx for the day and will be slipping in to something sexy for the night. There is no way I'd be able to get through the day having sexy knickers, but grimacing because of chafing thighs!!

My "I know something you don't" will be that I will be braless on the day and will have been waxed to within an inch of my life. We won't have seen each other for 3 days before the wedding so I could be wearing a knitted night dress and he'd still be hammering my door down!!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Like Kimiu said, I will be going for something sexy Smiley smile

There are lot's of sexy underwear out there that are very comfy too Smiley smile

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

I'm definitely in Kimiu's camp! I always wear matching underwear and (unless it's spanxs) it's always of the pretty/sexy kind. I'm not wearing it for my OH although he doesn't complain. I wear it because it makes me feel good and I love buying it.

I haven't been dress shopping yet so don't know what kind of underwear I'll need but I can guarantee if I only need knickers I'll be getting something special. Probably from Agent Provocateur or the like. Can't wait!

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I couldn't wear bridget jones knickers far too uncomfortable, cant be dealing with that much fabric and digging up plus the fishing it out as it wriggles inwards when you walk... give me a simple thong any day small, stays put, no vpl and no worry

im hoping to wear a body under mine so that doesn't really help though

if you want big knickers why not go for something like these... lace makes it less granny panties:

< these are pretty simple and would be a great 'something blue'

• L
    Beginner August 2014
    LRsoontobeLH ·
    • Hide content

I don't plan on wearing a bra as my dress is pretty structured and supportive but I have bought a nice pair of Ted Baker knickers to wear under my dress.

I did go shopping to Victoria's Secret the other day and got something to take on honeymoon with us though! It was my best wedding bargain with it being reduced from £70 to £17.50! ?

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

I love this post :-) given me second thoughts about my pants for the wedding :-) more things to shop for lol x

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha! Both me and my H2B have fully establish we will not be consummating our marriage till at least the next morning….. therefore I don’t suppose it matters! Hahaha! But yes, I think I shall buy a nice pair for him to at least take off in the morning….. I am getting a BCFC garter so may look for some french undies of the same colour (he hates thongs as much as I do!!!!) So, maybe his football teams colours if he has one?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I wore giant spanx, as I had a very tight dress anything else showed or gave me a knicker line, or made the dress pull funnily. The span x gave me a smooth silhouette and were pretty comfy. I had sexier underwear for honeymoon, I just wasn't prepared to spend a lot of time on my outfit and ruin it with a vpl.

• SecretlyEloped
    Beginner May 2014
    SecretlyEloped ·
    • Hide content

I went for comfort but in a slightly more glamorous lacey way:

Courtesy of M&S

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! I hope you flashed everyone!

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

I've gone for a pair of Victoria Secrets knickers in the same colour as my dress (blush), with a little lace up bit on the back (like my dress); I've gone for comfort+pretty with no bizarre VPL's

x

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    loves-young-dream ·
    • Hide content

I have these Smiley smile http://www.bouxavenue.com/mrs-embellished-satin-briefs-white-mix/103085-10wx

• M
    Central & Glasgow
    Marco ·
    • Hide content

My wife just wore her normal white cotton Sloggies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics