Deleted.

9 replies

Latest activity by 2013_Bride_, 29 January, 2013 at 09:09
  • lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

Don't think is rude at all!

It is a help for the guests to know the options, and it will avoid people giving you stuff you don't want,

At least if they don't want to contribute to the honeymoon, they should give you money instead so you can choose what to buy with it, fully knowing you don't want "stuff".

Hope it helped.

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

We put nothing at all about gifts in out invitations, as we felt uncomfortable asking for money.

We got some gifts (frames, ornaments etc), about £1500 and £500 in vouchers.

Personally I dont think you need to put anything.

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

We're using Kuoni - Where are you going?

We just put "If it is your intention to buy a gift for A & B then please find details below"

I thought short an sweet - if it isnt their intention, they don't need to feel like they need to! We've already paid for it with our money so if we get nada its fine, but if we get something back it means we can pay the credit card off quicker!

x

• Purple*Sparkles
    Beginner June 2013
    Purple*Sparkles ·
    • Hide content

We are using Travel Counsellors Honeymoon Contirbution because this is who we booked our Honeymoon with. For the day guests I just popped the cards into the invites with no other mention. The cards that came with the pack when you set it up said it all really, as does our personal webpage which is part of the package. However I posted a thread on here regarding eveing guests and gifts/donations........after much thought we decided to put the cards in anyway and put in a seperate slip of paper saying....

We hope for your presence and not your presents however if you felt that you would like to buy a present we have opened a Honeymoon Contribution Account. Please find the information card enclosed.

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

But then if that person told you that anyway, then why couldn't you THEN tell them the kuoni information?

My personal opinion is that there is no need to put anything in the invitations about gifts (and I personally dislike doing so) because, as you have already shown, people who want to give you something for your wedding will ask and then you can easily tell them what you would like. I think this is the best way of doing it.

• F
    Beginner April 2013
    FutureMrsWilliams ·
    • Hide content

I think people worry to much about offending people and coming across as rude when putting information about gifts in wedding invites. I have bought a gift for every wedding I have been too (rather a lot in the last 2 years.. at least 10) and I WANTED to buy a gift or give them money whichever the couple preferred. I would be stressed out as a guest if there was no gift list or honeymoon gift list as then I have to find something to buy with the risk that they wont need or like it, or I would just give cash anyway. If they want cash I am happy to do that, if they want honeymoon contribution I am happy to do that - its their day in my mind and if that's what they would like that is what I like to give.

We are putting a honeymoon gift list in both our day and evening invites. We have put an info card about the gift list to explain that as we have been together for 12 years and have had a house for the last 3 years we are well set up at home and literally have no space left for anything else. We have said if people would like to buy us a gift we would really appreciate contribution towards our honeymoon (Kuoni gift list card included) to help make it the holiday of a life time. We have also said that we are in desperate need of double glazing so any contributions towards that would be gratefully appreciated.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Deleted.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics