Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2013

Lace that scratches... ouch!

laura02010, 3 of May of 2013 at 12:47 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi ladies,

I tried on my dress last night and I fell in love with it all over again but ouch.... the lace scratches/ rubs against my skin! This was only after a few minutes so god only know what it will feel like after wearing it all day.

It's a Justin Alexander dress (8530) and I've had all the alterations done - here's a pic I found online (it rubs all around the arms)

Any tips to stop it hurting so much

11 replies

Latest activity by Icklefee, 27 of May of 2013 at 19:19
  • Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress- the top / back is very similar to mine...now I'm worried mine will be scratchy! Didn't even think about it at the time- can't remember if it scratched or not!

Advice doubly welcomed.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Is it synthetic lace? I assume so (silk lace is much softer). I suspect washing it is out of the question. I also suspect that having it lined is a no-no. I've just read that you can rub fabric softener sheets over the lace, to try to soften it a bit.

But it might be a "grin and bear it" thing.

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    laura02010 ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh, thanks ladies! I hadn't noticed it rubbing before when I'd tried it on!

Will definitely look into the gliders Smiley smile!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

RR - so do you think you are allergic to a chemical or something in the lace then?

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress but the rough lace is the reason I went for another one over it. I hope it's not too bad on the day and definitely recommend Body Glide!

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    laura02010 ·
    • Hide content

Ladies,

I wrote this post a while back but just wanted to give you a little update in case you're having similar problems.

I saw my dress maker on Saturday and she is sewing chiffon into the offending scratchy areas!!! If feels super soft and is only costing £25!

feeling relieved!

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Have to admit that the one criterion I had when trying wedding dresses on was absolutely no beading under the arms after a similar experience with my first evening dress.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Having had similar experiences my dress has absolutely no embellishments whatsoever! Sequins, beads, lace... they all make me itch. Such a sensitive soul I am!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics