Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MischiefMumma
Beginner August 2014

Lace Yoke.

MischiefMumma, 7 of October of 2013 at 16:37 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi ladies,

I bought my dress late last month and have decided to go against my original plan to have my shoulders covered. Long story short I have big muscles on the top of my shoulders where they meet my neck from a car crash two years ago and thought i looked incredible-hulk-like. Anyway, Ive bought a strapless dress and am now thinking I might want something just incase. Ive found that these shawl/bolero things are called yokes, they basically cover the decolletage and can be backless or key-holed. I like the keyhole ones but with no sleeves and just a really simple lace detail. My question is, can any of you help me find one!! I tried on a pronovais one with my ex'the dress' but its £250 for a bit of lace. Er no thanks!! Somebody mentioned light in the box but theyre all front fastening boleros or open boleros. HELP!!

7 replies

Latest activity by cherrybloom, 8 of October of 2013 at 21:41
  • emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I found this Bolero / shrug type thing on etsy... not sure it is exactly what you are after, but far more reasonably priced! https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/77951298/bridal-bolero-ivory-wedding-loop-shawl

If that isn't what you are after I would have a hunt round etsy, there will be loads more options on there! x

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

Any of these what you are after?

http://www.etsy.com/uk/search?includes%5B%5D=tags&q=keyhole+bolero

/collections/bridal-lace-bolero-jacket

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies, thanks for your replies, the majority of those are all open at the front, I'm after one that covers all that area. Something like the one below but without the V neck-y thing going on, maybe just a soft cut across. Like a high neck but I dont actually want it to have a collar on like the majority of them do. Its really annoying, I tried on the one I wanted but cant find it online anywhere!!

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

When my friend got married, she ended up wearing a bolero backwards and had it adjusted to fit. She also wanted it straight across the front. It looked amazing, like it was part of the dress.

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

I think I may have found one. Its a little on the clunky side and its from the US but if anyone sees anything like this please let me know!! (Sorry it's massive!!)

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Are either of these two any good?

Etsy - £70

eBay - £27

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what the wedding shops done for me when i was trying dresses on because i didnt want a strapless dress. They said they could stitch it in so it wouldnt look like a back to front bolero - it didnt and i would never have been able to tell.

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

I ordered mine from etsy..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics