Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GeordieBarbie
Beginner May 2010

Ladies Buttonholes/Coursages

GeordieBarbie, 12 of March of 2010 at 21:19 Posted on Planning 0 9

I've just been thinking...

Our coloure scheme is pink and the flowers will probably be varying shades of pink. I'm having bright fuscia ones and so possibly will D, the brdiesmaids and men I was thinking of a paler pink (the BM dresses are darker pink so the lighter pink will work better for them).

I had thought of pinks for the ladies coursages (Mam's and Grandma's...) but what if it clashes with their outfit?? Do you have to take that into consideration??

Just a thought actually - if mine and D's flowers match, and rhe men and BMs flowers match, should the parent's flowers all match?? In which case I could get whites...?

What's everyone else done?

9 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 13 of March of 2010 at 06:33
  • FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

We got corsages for my mum, my mil and my nan.

My flowers were cream as it happened both the mums had cream (there choice not mine) as there outfits were a very pale pink and a duck egg blue, although they both chose which flowers they would like. Both had flowers that were not in the bouquets.

My nan had lilacs and lemons to match her outfit so obviously nothing to do with our flowers. We chose my nans as a surprise after going with her to buy her outfit.

It never occured to me for them to have the same colours as the wedding party.

I don't think there is a right or wrong but obviously you do need to take into account what colours they are wearing and if they are going to wear the corsage on their outfit or on their handbag.

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

Our flowers are cream with a splash of pale pink which would be fine for OH's mum as her outfit is brown and pale pink but my Mum's looking to go for a dark colour like a deep plum so it wouldn't really go. To play it safe, our corsages are just the cream flowers (i think! I'm beginning to doubt myself now!).

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Most of my Brides have asked for White, Ivory or neutral Corsages so that they match whatever the Mum's, Nan's etc are wearing:

Alternatively if the Mum's know what colour outfit you can add just a splash of the colour:

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Soooooooooo...

If I go with the creamy colours, what would the parent men have (D's got 2 sets!). Does my Dad have to match the groomsmen or my Mam or would it not matter either way... Same with his Dad (not bothered about his Step Dad, he can be different)

My Mam's outfit is red, mother-in-law is lilac, not sure what step-mother-in-law is wearing, or the Gran's.

Oooh! I think I've founda toughie!

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

All our button holes are the same for groom, dads, BM and ushers. A single cream rose with a little bit of greenery.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I have gone with these for the mums and they do match the wedding party.

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

The parent men (and H's brothers) had buttonholes to match the grooms men (although H's was slightly different) rather than the women, again is it just personal preference, although all the weddings I have been too have had the men in the same buttonholes.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You could use a neautral colour for the men & have something that incorporates flowers from your Bouquet for the Groom:

Guests:

Groom:

Guests:

Groom:

Mum's:

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for cream corsages to be neutral against their outfits!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Normally, the ladies corsages are made to match their outfits rather than the wedding colour theme. I always think this makes the Mums feel a bit more special that they have "their own" complimentary flowers rather than going with the flow so to speak. This also avoids the problem of colour clashing as I know Mums can be a bit secretive with each other about what their outfits are like! As Sherrie says, some opt for neutral shades for corsages to be on the safe side and if they have chosen silk flowers (which I know you haven't by the way!) but if they do and have another wedding to go to, they can be used again. They're also nice to keep for a function or for wearing on holiday too. I get lots of orders for cruise corsages, especially wrist ones. If Mum is wearing pale pink, you could incorporate the fuschia pink in there too which would link in nicely with your gerbera bouquet i.e., pastel pinks, ivory and fuschia pink. For your other Mum's corsage wearing lilac, you could use ivory, lilac and purple. There are lots of different corsages on my website to give you a few ideas or, they could have a special buttonhole, which is a few more flowers than a standard single flower buttonhole whereas the full corsage is like a miniature bouquet. A couple of pinky and lilacy photos for you:-

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics