Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Lake District photographer recommendations?

7 of January of 2014 at 17:30 Posted on Planning 0 13

I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for a Lake District wedding photographer?

The style we like is vintage, we don't like HDR or editorial type shots which seems to be used by most of the 'Lake District photographers' that I've Googled ☹️

We aren't having an evening disco or first dance so would only need them for the ceremony and in the venue grounds; which are the ones I'm likely to frame. I'm not bothered about shots of me getting ready or anything like that.

Thanks in advance!

13 replies

Latest activity by mariannechuaphotography, 29 of January of 2014 at 08:23
  • ApricotTree
    Beginner December 2013
    ApricotTree ·
    • Hide content

We aren't based in the lake district, but do cover the whole of the UK - Feel free too have a look at our site and get in touch if interested Smiley smile

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I shoot all over the UK and will be shooting in the peak district this summer (I know it's not quite the same!) I'm kind of slide film style, so perhaps not the vintage you're looking for but Laura DeBourde has quite a soft pretty style so it's worth checking her out!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Damn...

Mind, you, I have never done HDR at weddings......although it does work for some clients.......

Tone mapping is different to HDR......I suspect that that is what you might have seen on some weddings........

Welcome to the forums btw......

Peter

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I've never seen HDR done well.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I do know the shots that you mean. Its not something I would personally do on a wedding and I would simply convey this to whichever photographer you do use.

HDR done properly uses a burst of 3 images at differing exposures which software(not photoshop) then composites. Tonemapping mainly uses a single shot.

Happy hunting/planning......

Peter

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I travel everywhere and would love a chat if you like my style.

• Jens Hand Crafted Stationery
    Jens Hand Crafted Stationery ·
    • Hide content

Nicola - DaffofilWaves - comes highly recommended by myself. She shot my wedding back in 2011 and you'd hardly know she was even there but she captures the most beautiful natural shots.

Take a look through some of her albums on facebook as they show the weddings from start to finish... I would defiantly consider getting ready shots. Some of the best photos she took were from the morning time whilst I was spending time with my parents and bridesmaids.

xx

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Last week I had one of Her Majesties armed forces contact me regarding some corporate work that I had done which they wished to use as a presentation for training of both their senior officers and managers...."quote, what you have done is a class apart from other images of the same subject"... Ironically it was some HDR that I had done of a specific subject, so at least some appreciate the technique......

A bit off wedding topic although a pointer that there are different styles of photography that some love and some do not........do not limit your choices based on others comments...make your own decisions on what you like.........The images requested from my archive have now been passed on for the training usage mentioned.....

HDR can be done well, even if some don't like it........not relevant to all your wedding photographs, although a few in the mix of your coverage might be worth considering....

Peter

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I should also add that when I had this contact, I was a tad suspicious...... was it real???? I duly contacted a close friend in the army....he mentioned a group on Facebook called the "Walter Mitty " group who "out" those who claim to be army etc although are fraudulent......the contact to me was real, although I LOVE the fact that there is a group that track down and "OUT" those that claim to be armed forces although are proven to be blaggers......

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I cover the whole of the UK but usually I only offer full day coverage during peak months.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics