Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner November 2011

LANDY BRIDAL???

DTTB, 21 September, 2010 at 16:24 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hey,

I have seen some of you speaking of landy bridal so thought id have a look. The pronovias dress that i love but cant afford (its £3600) is on there for $699 dollars, so thats about £400 roughly. I am so tempted to order it but is the quality good enough, £400 is still a lot 2 lose if its not, the dress has feathers all round the bottom and im worrying this might not be done in the same way. Any advice would be great.

Sxx

9 replies

Latest activity by summer_bee, 31 July, 2011 at 22:00
  • Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Some brides have loved their landy dresses and others have not, so I think it is a bit luck of the draw.

However, I have heard mostly positive things. So I've ordered my bridesmaid dresses from there - will let you know how they are when they come in (prob roughly a month)

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks xx

• Z
    Beginner
    Zoewoey ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Did you order your dress from landy bridal, and was it the same as the original? I'm thinking of doing the same thing but worried the quality will not be quite the same!

Thanks!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I think that it's 50/50 chance really. The main complaints about them is when the dress isn't as it should be, then problems arise. There are many reviews about them on the net with quite a few on here:-

www.weddingsuncovered.co.uk

As you say £400 is a lot to lose but I think in the back of your mind, you probably need to be prepared to lose it just in case.

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

If its a Pronovias dres you might be interested in this review: http://www.weddingsuncovered.co.uk/reviewview.asp?CategoryID=17&CompanyID=506

I think if you are ordering a copy dress you have to accept that it is not going to be the same as the original, and with that price difference you really need to assume that the fabric will be cheaper, there will be less structure etc.

I've just bought 3 wedding dresses online from China, they are all copies of designer dresses (1 Maggie Sottero, 1 Benjamin Roberts, and i'm not sure of the 3rd). The 3 dresses cost me £180 altogether, including shipping from China. They are for an accessories photoshoot I am doing in September. They are all fit for what I want to use them for, but none of them are the same as the photo on the site. The detailing is very very different, the boning is virtually non-existant (there is no way I could wear them all day without the bodice collapsing under the weight of my boobs!). One has a satin band around it, with a bow at the back, and the bow is quite obviously not central (it should be). One of them is lace, and they have sewn white lace around the edge of the back of the train, whereas the lace on the dress is ivory. Someone has obviously noticed the error, but instead of removing the white lace and replacing it with the right colour, they have just sewn the right colour over the top of the white lace!!!

One of them is quite a full skirted design, and there is no netting/petticoats etc in the skirt so it looks awful. It did say on the dress description that petticoat was sold seperately, but I know that if anyone had tried the real dress on in a shop, there would have been loads of structure under the skirt of the dress, and they would still have probably popped a petticoat on underneath as well, so might not realise exactly what the description meant.

For the price I paid, the dresses are amazing - you wouldn't be able to buy the fabric for 1 dress in the UK for £180, especially not lace! But I was prepared to have 3 very expensive dishrags arrive and have lost all that money.

• summer_bee
    Beginner July 2011
    summer_bee ·
    • Hide content

Landy have mixed review really. I didn't go with it. Instead, i went for JasmineBridalShop. Everybody commented on the dress quality and was surprise when I told them I ordered it online. I was contemplating to use between Jasmine or Landy but decided to go with Jasmine eventhough they are £50 more expensive than Landy as I get to see their photos of their works.

This is their FB page with real dress photos:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jasmines-Bridal-Shop/134074349988216

They are quite popular on FB now and I did noticed the price increased since they set up their FB page but they claim it's due to the increase in fabric price. Good Luck!

• Z
    Beginner
    Zoewoey ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the advice! So do you think Jasmine bridal is better than landy bridal? It sounds like they need to see close up pictures of exactly what you want in order to make a close copy. I'm on a tight budget so i think i'll take the risk because the price difference is so huge, in compariston to buying the real thing. I just hope they can make it in good quality lace and with good boning! Fingers crossed!

• summer_bee
    Beginner July 2011
    summer_bee ·
    • Hide content

I went for Jasmine because I don't get to see Landy's work. But Jasmine do use good quality material and very close to the original material. Do enquire both of them in detail and get a quote from both.

May I know which Pronovias dress you're looking at? I saw a fishtail dress with feathers like at the bottom which is breathtaking, wondering if you're talking about that

• Z
    Beginner
    Zoewoey ·
    • Hide content

I'm after the silaba dress which is lace all over. You're right, the ones on the Jasmine facebook page do look good, but i wish i could see the silaba before ordering it. I think i'll contact them and go from there!

• summer_bee
    Beginner July 2011
    summer_bee ·
    • Hide content

You may check with them if they have made them. sometimes, they have yet to post it or the dress is still in the making.

and you don't have to order your dress too early. They take about 2-3 months to be sent to your home. So you'll save on alteration if you lose any weight. And make sure you get someone professional to take your measurements. Lacey dress looks better with zipped back, so a little risky if your size changes but it alteration to take in should not cost that much. But... make sure you get the height (with shoes) correct as it will cost a lot to shorten lace dress (without losing the pattern)!

anyway, good luck!!!

ps. you must not expect the same dress as the original! they may use a different pattern lace but they will communicate it with u first. Be sure to ask a lot of questions!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics