Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner April 2012

Landybridal, advice needed on obtaining a refund for a defective dress

flossy700, 28 August, 2011 at 08:47 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi,

I’m new to this forum and I’m hoping someone can offer me some advice please.

I purchased a wedding dress from Landybridal and when it arrived it was dreadful, the cut is uneven, whole sections of the dress are held together with 1 tack, its about 7 inches longer than the one I ordered (I had sent professional measurements to Landybridal too). I daren’t try it on account that it would fall apart.

Prior to ordering the dress, I checked Landybridals refund and returns policy so I felt confident that I could return the dress if something went wrong. The policy states that you are eligible for a refund of the full purchase price plus shipping costs for defective, damaged or mis-shipped items and to submit a return request to Customer Service within 30 days of your order’s shipment*. Include an explanation and photographs documenting the reason for the return. Returns will not be accepted without prior approval from Customer Service. *When you receive an email from Landybridal.com entitled "Shipment Notification for order#XXXXXXX with Landybridal.com," your order has been shipped.

The problem I have is that Landybridal have failed to acknowledge any of my correspondence to date so this is preventing me from returning the item to obtain a refund. Has anyone managed to obtain a refund from Landybridal and if so how?

6 replies

Latest activity by Twists, 29 August, 2011 at 10:03
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

How did you pay as you might be able to do something through your credit card company. the main issue I guess being that they are in China so not readily accessible.

• F
    Beginner April 2012
    flossy700 ·
    • Hide content

Hi thanks for your replies, I didnt use my credit or debit card, I'm kicking myself now.

• Twists
    Beginner September 2011
    Twists ·
    • Hide content

I had a very similar problem with a company called yourbridalwear. They refused me a refund, and in the end stopped corresponding with me all together. I ended up going on every single bridal forum I could find and slating them. I also did this on their facebook page!! Then sent them links to all the posts I'd made, and said in my email that I would not stop posting bad reviews until they acknowledged me. I eventually agreed to withdraw my comments upon receipt of an 80% refund! But that whole process took a good 6 months to get to! Unfortunately, it came as a very expensive lesson learnt Smiley sad

• F
    Beginner April 2012
    flossy700 ·
    • Hide content

Hi thanks for your reply, I’m going to do the same as you if I don’t receive the refund plus shipping costs.

Did you return the item? and if so were you able to track it back to China?

• Twists
    Beginner September 2011
    Twists ·
    • Hide content

I did return it but it was to a uk po box address. I sent it by recorded though so that I knew they had received it. I would just send them An email giving them a final opportunity to rectify the matter before you start leaving negative feedback on the forums x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics