Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moomin8804
Beginner July 2009

Lanson black label champagne, any good???

moomin8804, 24 of March of 2009 at 18:54 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 21

Hi everyone!

I need to find a nice, yet decently priced bottle of champagne. My dad suggested Lanson, but i've never tasted it. Is it any good, drinkable? Even for people who aren't so keen on chamagne? TIA ?

21 replies

Latest activity by Arnaud, 24 of November of 2020 at 14:53
  • MrsMcB2B
    Beginner November 2009
    MrsMcB2B ·
    • Hide content

Yip, I like it, my faves for around the same price is Piper Heidseick or Veuve Clicquot. I used to manage an off license and one of my very posh customers replied (when I tried to sell her a bottle of Moet) "Moet! Oh God know, it's so gassy it's like sticking a bicycle pump up your arse!"

• B
    Beginner September 2008
    BONONE ·
    • Hide content

Barbara Knox (Rita of Corrie) once asked my friend to get her a bottle of Lanson down from the top shelf in Sainsbuggers, so we decided good enough for her, good enough for us

• catcat
    Beginner April 2007
    catcat ·
    • Hide content

Yup - Lanson Black Label drinkers here... although apparently its meant to taste even better after a year! (Our bottles have never lasted that long!)

• M
    Beginner November 2004
    Minx Sauce ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Moet is awful. Would rather a bottle of decent Cava over that stuff any day.

• K
    Beginner
    Kafi ·
    • Hide content

Yep LBL is v nice (I should say that I used to work for them!) wouldn't go for Moet at all - I agree with MrsMcB2B's posh customer on that one.

Veuve Clicquot is lovely, and Marks & Spencers own brand Oudinot or their Champagne de St Gall Premier Cru Brut is delicious.

Some of Tesco's/Sainsbury's/Somerfields own brand are actually from large Champagne houses.

• loopyloo33
    Beginner April 2006
    loopyloo33 ·
    • Hide content

I think Tesco champagne is really nice and drinkable especially if you have those who aren't champagne drinkers. I am sure it is under £20 per bottle as well.

• pigalicious
    pigalicious ·
    • Hide content

ANother thumbs up for the black label from me!

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the recomendations everyone! My mum phoned earlier and apparently black label Lanson is on offer at Netto at the moment for £18 per bottle i think! So Lanson is sounding even better now! ?

• EJJ
    Beginner October 2004
    EJJ ·
    • Hide content

It's a nice no fuss bottle of fizz, go for it, I have to say for a similar price I dislike Moet and Perrier and would always go for Lanson if that's the choice.

x

• Smint
    Beginner June 2007
    Smint ·
    • Hide content

Moët & Chandon is supposed to be the best for champagne fountains

I think that tells you all you need to know ?

I like Lanson Black Label (although prefer Veuve Clicquot) - and £18 is a very good price

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a fan of Black Label - in that price range, I'd rather have Veuve Cliquot.

• memyselfandi
    Beginner November 2007
    memyselfandi ·
    • Hide content

I'd strongly recommend giving Lindauer a go, for the price there's nothing that comes close (IMO).

Moet is terrible terrible stuff.

• AllyDrew
    Beginner May 2007
    AllyDrew ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WMWS

• KB3
    Beginner
    KB3 ·
    • Hide content

At £18 a bottle you can't go wrong! I like Lanson Black Label, I prefer Veuve but Lanson is nice enough.

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

If you;re looking to save money, another option is to go for a really nice Prosecco. People get really obsessed with drinking "champagne", but if you're not going for a higher end one, you'll probably get a nicer-tasting bubbly in Prosecco.

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WTS

Some of the supermarket champers get good reviews too - I think Tescos in particular has had some great write ups.

• E
    Beginner April 2007
    Easter ·
    • Hide content

I think LBL tastes like Appletise - it's definitly not my favourite. In that price bracket I'd always go for Veuve.

Tesco Premier Cru is excellent (has won loads of 'blind taste test' awards) and is around £15 a bottle IIRC.

• geekypants
    Beginner August 2008
    geekypants ·
    • Hide content

That Tesco Premier Cru is lush: my parents brought some at the weekend. Mmmmm.

• eponymous
    Beginner January 2008
    eponymous ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I couldn't agree more. I really dislike Lanson.

• Stargazerlily2626
    Beginner
    Stargazerlily2626 ·
    • Hide content

If you want good but inexpensive champagne I would recommend Laytons

http://www.jeroboams.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=116914&langId=-1&categoryId=24951&parent_category_rn=24951&top_category=

• Zebra
    Beginner
    Zebra ·
    • Hide content

I've never enjoyed a glass of Lanson.

I'd much rather have the Tesco or M&S own brand in the same price range.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics