Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner February 2016

Lapland Weddings

ExpensivePurpleConfetti377, 5 of May of 2015 at 16:03 Posted on Planning 0 47

Hi everyone...planning on getting married in Feb/March 2016 in Lapland. Currently thinking of the Levi Ice Chapel. Wondered if anyone else has married here and how much it cost and what you got for the money. I'm trying to organise but don't want to pay over the odds

47 replies

Latest activity by Jenny3, 5 of September of 2015 at 21:27
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, we get married there 30th December. I'm soooo excited. We booked with sun and snow weddings and so far Ruth has been fantastic! We were recommended her on here by other brides who booked via her. If there is anything I can help with ask away.

• E
    Beginner February 2016
    ExpensivePurpleConfetti377 ·
    • Hide content

Ah cool, it is so exciting!!!! we've been talking with Rue and she is great, just trying to see what different options there are. What are you doing for your reception after? Rue has suggested Panorama hotel but it seems quite expensive, I've seen on some forums people are going to a steakhouse.

Are you having any husky or reindeer transfers? We looked at fireworks but they seem a lot of money!

Where are you planning for your honeymoon? We're looking at Tanzania and Zanzibar ?

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

We are going for the panorama hotel we think. We had looked at the steak house and every bride I spoke to has used it and said it was fab but I'm really drawn to the panorama menu so we very confident we will go with that. We're not having fireworks but we are there for new year and keeping our fingers crossed we will have the northern lights (it suppose to be one of the best winters to have them) we are having a reindeer sleigh for me and snowmobile for the h2b. We were looking at Tanzania and Zanzibar for our honeymoon but got sent an itinery for Sri lanka and the Maldives and now I'm really drawn to that so may do Zanzibar and Tanzania for an anniversary haha. Which hotel/resort are you staying in? We're in Levi as we stayed in Yllas last time we were there

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Thought I would join in too, I am getting married there end on Jan 2016 also booked with Rue (Sun and Snow) who again has been super Fab! I originally booked with Travel-bee who gave me a good deal/package for everything but it turned into a nightmare and got cancelled but Ruth came to the rescue. Luckily Travelbee returned my deposit etc.

I wanted to have my meal in the white room at Panorama but its all booked up for my date so Im going to have to go with somewhere else!!

We are staying at the Levi Spirit Villas.

So exciting and great to talk to other Lapland brides!

xx

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to mention that we are going for fireworks and the reindeer sleigh transfer! xx

• E
    Beginner February 2016
    • Hide content

We've now booked with Rue from Sun and Snow weddings for Feb! She's been so helpful. We are getting married in the Levi Ice Chapel and potentially having meal in either the Panorama or the Lappish Kota next door to the ice chapel. We have been looking at some log chalets for guests but are going to stay in the glass igloo ourselves...They look so good...really hope we see the Northern Lights!

Do you mind me asking if you've been before how much flights are and anywhere good you know of for accommodation for guests?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much are the fireworks you're having?

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Congratulations on booking!

I have been to Lapland before but as a package holiday with Thomson's in December over 5 years or so ago and that was near Rovameni not Levi.

The accommodation side has been a tricky one for me as I didn't want us all to stay n a hotel and really wanted a luxury log cabin type thing where we could all 20 odd of us could stay.

I ended up falling in love with the Levi Spirit Villas http://www.levispirit.fi/en/villas Heini is excellent too and as its off season its really well priced for what they are! I have booked 2 of them for all of 20 of us! If you fall in love with them too do remember they are 10min drive away from Levi center so you may want to hire a car or factor in taxis if you ant to go to the center, when booking activities they normally pick you up.

Ive found the levi tourist info website helpful too. http://www.levi.fi/en/levi-info/tourist-information/levi-tourist-information.html

Norweigian Air were really helpful and did a group booking for me which worked out at £234 each return including 2 bits of luggage in the hold each! So I just paid the deposit of £40 each seat and have to pay the rest a month before and provide names and passport details then too, so if people drop out etc I can find someone else! The flights are non direct through and change at Helsinki with around an hour wait there before we get on the next flight. The only other annoyance but the villas make i all work it was that Norweign air didn't have a flight to Kittila on the way out so we fly to Rovameni and are getting a mini bus transfer (approx 2 hours).

If you go on Skyscanner and put your dates it you will get a good idea of cost and what's available. Or go on Norweigian Air/Finair websites.

I cant remember what we were quoted for fireworks but they are expensive, but I really want them! Ill try and have a look. What were you quoted?

x

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hello ladies! We have booked the igloo too for our wedding night! flights and hotel are around 1300 each for our dates but might be less for you as we go over New Years so pay the premium plus were staying in levitunturi spa hotel but there are cheaper options. Two of my bridesmaids are staying in hullo poro and it's cheaper apparently but not sure by how much. We have been before but stayed in a log cabin in yllasniesta which is a smaller village

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

Exciting!!

Are you all set now Lapland2015?? Its not that far away now!!!!

xx

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I wish I could say yes but I would be lying! Haha my dress is in just waiting until nearer the date for alterations and we have narrowed bridesmaid dresses down to two so July the girls will make their choice and we still have suits to arrange. We don't have lots left but it's pretty important bits! Everyone has booked their flights and accomodation though and that's the main thing! We need to really think about music and readings as I know we will struggle! How are your plans coming along? xx

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

It seems like you nearly there and have everything in hand though, which is the main thing!

I am finally getting there with mine after the travelbee cancelling saga! So I now have the new accommodation and flights all booked, I ordered a dress last week and we have booked a gorgeous venue for our UK party! I've bought a few decoration type things for our UK party too like big white Manzantia trees with crystals and some antler candle holders and stuff which is exciting, but filling up the spare room fast!

I still haven't decided on where we will have the reception part in Lapland or where we will stay on the wedding night and a few of the little details out there and we havent sorted suits or bridesmaid dresses either...

x

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

We were looking at trees for decor but went with artificial candles in the end but with white moss and pine cones etc. it's so much fun going for a winter theme as I don't know about you but I get a few raised eye brows haha. Sorry to hear you had issues with travel bee! I have never heard of them but it's good its all sorted now. I kept getting recommendations for the steak restaurant on trip advisor it seems really popular! We're definatly eating there one day! It's tough choosing from so far away isn't it? Kind of exciting though we won't see it until a few days before! We were originally going to hook a snow room at Luvattumaa but then I heard about the igloos. I also found log cabins and some really posh ones but some stuff is so expensive! have you decided if your having a cover up or cloak etc? Xx

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo candles with white moss sounds cool, do you have a photo?

God I know I'm obsessed with the winter/Lapland theme and keep buying stuff and then have it at home!

Hehe I think raised eyebrows is a good thing! Who wants to do the same as everyone else, everyone I tell asks me why!! I have my reasons, but its such a great theme I'm like why not!

I went for the Sophia Tolli Calandra dress in the end so I'm going with a cropped fur jacket and them a marabou shrug type one too, for inside! I am currently looking for some nice ones!

My shoes arrived yesterday for inside/UK party, I got some silver wedge Burberry Prorsum ones!

Are you having a veil??

• E
    Beginner February 2016
    • Hide content

Thank you! We were quoted £500 for 5 mins for fireworks. Thanks fort the links, will have to take a look at those. We've seen some really posh log cabins and only £232 per cabin...sleeps up to 10 people so really good value!

Yes I'm having a fur throw sort of thing...bridesmaid wearing ice blue.

Are any of you doing any trips or skiing when out there? We're not sure as we're only staying for 2-3 nights.

• E
    Beginner February 2016
    • Hide content

Just Google your dress...beautiful

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

You have to do Husky sledge and Snowmobile! Its so much fun! x

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! Smiley smile Have you ordered one yet?? xx

• E
    Beginner February 2016
    • Hide content

Am having husky sledge to the venue but will try to do snowmobile too if you say they're good. No not got mine yet, going next month with my mum to start looking Eeek so exciting. What shoes are you wearing for wedding? I'm thinking some white snow boots but take some heels for the reception x

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I was stuffing my face with an Indian take away haha (not good for the dress!) these are what we are having but reindeer instead of birds. Wechose to hire as we don't have enough storage space for our clothes let alone decor. We usually find people are amazed once we say guaranteed weather, ice chapel, sleigh ride instead of vintage car! They look petrified when I say I have a regular wedding dress though. Wow your dress is beautiful!!! I keep looking at shrugs for my bridesmaids but I'm wondering if it's worth waiting until sept time when the winter stuff comes out for more choice. Have you got ur snow boots yet? I keep vanishing mine as I have white ones so they will be my something old. I'm not having a veil as I'm having a cloak but I have tried one or two on! Are you having a veil?

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Snowmobiling is fantastic! Also reindeer farm was great fun too! Also snow shoeing! I was going to take heels for the reception but decided to tailor my dress to my boots so I have converse for the UK x

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

I still haven't booked my meal!!! Where are you both going for yours and are you going anywhere afterwards?

Also just bought some wedding insurance from John lewis that cover abroad weddings and receptions as the other companies don't appear to have this option!

Have either of you completed your paperwork yet??

Thanks x

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

We haven't booked our meals yet either but we're still confident we're going with panaroma restaurant as the inside looks beautiful. We have had our passports certified but we cannot do any legal bits until October so we're just counting down until then. My cloak maker pulled out on me this week which I was devastated about so now looking to order one from etsy. We have bridesmaid dress shopping Saturday too yay! How much have you got left to do? X

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

My cape fell through too! Smiley sad

I'm looking at finding one on etsy too, at the moment I think I'm going to order from capeandcrown13 she has good reviews, choice of lengths colours and will custom them. I think its fairly well priced too? Have you had any luck?

I've found some local company's but they are nearly 4 times the price. I think I am going with a white with a long train and fleece inner cape and then silver with white fleece and small train for my bridesmaid.

We have now booked the bridal suite at the ice gallery for wedding night! Still thinking about meal, but have seen the ice chapel lapish hut now offer a goblin feast and I really like the idea of more of a buffet so there is choice rather than set menu as we have a lot of fussy eaters including myself. Plus then its all at the same place as we are not staying in centre of Levi...

Hope bridesmaid shopping went well??

Slowly getting there... not too much left to do now.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/capeandcrown13?ref=l2-shopheader-name

x

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I've booked the levi ice chapel for 6 jan 2016. I actually booked direct rather than use the wedding planners as it was much cheaper. Satu at the ice chapel has sent me all my paperwork, booked the magistrate and the photographer for me.

we are spending a week there to do all the husky and snowmobile stuff plus a night in the glass igloo and a night at the snow hotel.

i also have no idea where to hold the meal afterwards but as there is only us and two friends it's not too much of a problem to decide when we get there. I hope.

is anyone having any daylight photos taken etc as it will be dark for the wedding???

cant wait!

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear your cloak fell through too. It's now become my biggest stress haha. I keep looking at Cape and crown beauty and the beast train with a blue lining but before I commit my uncle is looking in Canada for me in the next two weeks so fingers crossed he finds me something and it will save me the delivery hassle. I keep umming and ahhing about my bridesmaid cover ups. How many brides maids do you have? The bridal suit looks amazing we were debating between that and a glass igloo but went for the igloo in the end :-) bridesmaid dress shopping was a huge success. We had two dresses narrowed down but the bridesmaid who couldn't attend last time didn't like either very much and we ended up finding an even better second dress so I have two in one style and two in another but the dresses are very similar so will work well. The ice chapel hut sounds ideal for dinner after as like you say it's all in one place.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations Jayne! In all honesty there is no 'daylight' in January in lapland. Around lunch time the sky turns pink but the sun doesn't full rise so they only get a few hours of light but although the Sky is dark the snow makes it so much brighter and they have lights on constantly. We are hoping the photographer that is coming with us might take pics the day after in the pink sky but his volunteered to come rather than being paid as we had one included in our package so I don't want to place demands as in effect his on Holiday lol. Have you booked the holiday side of things? You will probably be flying out the same day I come back as we get married the week before :-)

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi we are getting married at Levi ice gallery on 6 Jan 2016.

We didn't use a wedding planner I booked direct with the ice chapel. I figured with only us two and another couple I could sort it easily myself and its been quite straightforward. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Dress and fur jacket is bought so no weight gain allowed now. Photographer in with venue package. I'm just contacting someone about a one hour photo shoot at lunch time pre wedding when we will have some light! I want a reindeer sleigh for me and matron of honour even tho I'm not sure my tight dress will let me get in it lol.

All very exciting!

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

This morning I have started our paperwork and booked the restaurant! I have my bridesmaids looking for readings and music options and I have booked us all in for hair and me for make up. Ahhhh this is getting exciting again now! I'm trying my dress in tomorrow to get measurements for my cloak and it's 5 months today! Where are you eating after? I really hope the northern lights come out on our wedding night as we're staying in a glass igloo and that would be amazing! Fingers crossed

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Totally off topic.....but many years ago I worked as an Elf in Lapland. :-) Finland is utterly stunning! The pictures you see just don't do it justice.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Phone keeps crashing on site and no iPad till next. Email ************@*****.**.** if you fancy a chat about plans x

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Interesting career choice Katie haha that must have been so much fun! How do you even get a job like that?

• M
    Beginner December 2015
    Miss Malibu ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in Levi ice chapel 14th dec 2015. We also used Rue who has been amazing, so far everything has been so simple to arrange. Just starting the paperwork now

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics