Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2013

Large busted bridesmaid dress help.

Sarah67, 5 February, 2012 at 14:10 Posted on Planning 0 4

Can anyone suggest where we can buy dresses for 2 of my older bridesmaids that have large busts. Biggest one is 38G !!! We were going for the Sapphire blue knee length dress called Cecily from BHS but unfortunately the largest size 20 does not cover both boobs lol. Any suggestions for around the same sort of price £90 or just over?

4 replies

Latest activity by BustyB, 6 February, 2012 at 10:43
  • Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I was going to say do they only go up to a size 20 in those dresses? What about trying somewhere like Evans for something in a similar colour?

ETA- Ive just looked and they do a size 22? Would it not be worth seeing if that fits and then it can be altered to fit their shape?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010513747_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Women~Dresses

Don't know if these will be any better?

I picked this as it's very similar to what you looked at in BHS, but my large busted bridesmaids did try on the strapless full length ball gown version of this and it fitted...if that's any help?

x

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaid (sister) is size 36g we just bought a bridesmaid dress from the same place as my wedding dress and they are going to alter it everywhere else. ?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Ugh, this is the worst! I'm 34HH (just re-fitted the other week and while I went down a band size [yay!], I went up a cup size!!), and when I was a bridesmaid I was sooooo uncomfortable in my dress, as even after alterations it didn't fit well!! I hate to say it, but I have no idea where to find a BM dress for under £90 that wouldn't need some serious alterations to fit the rest of her- unless everywhere else is proportionate to the boobs? Debenhams is a good suggestion, but it's tough to find nice dresses to fit the bigger boobs. If both your bridesmaids are large-busted, why not get a couple of the same dress from bravissimo? They only go up to 18, but are made to accommodate the bigger bust: http://www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/dresses/evening-dresses/#/1?show=all&sort=1

• BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

As you can tell from my name I am large busted! Try Bravissimo/Pepperberry (although you might even struggle there as they have made the boob sizes smaller in the clothes so normal busted women can wear the clothes).

Also pinupgirlclothing.com - It might not be the style you are after but they are more accomodating to large boobs.

Buibui are good too

Bx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics