Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2013

Laryngitis....and only 2 weeks till my wedding day !!!!

MrsJones2Be, 12 of July of 2013 at 08:21 Posted on Planning 0 4

Just felt the need for a bit of a moan....

I'm writing this from my sick bed having had laryngitis for a week now and only very slowly getting any better ☹️ I've had hardly any voice but that has now developed into a hoarse croak, which I suppose is a sign of improvement ?!

It's only 2 weeks till our big day and although everything is now in place I've still got lots of final touches and chasing up to do....sure you all know what I mean.

Been to the doctors twice now and am just being told to rest....BUT IT'S MY WEDDING IN 2 WEEKS !!!

Sorry for moaning, just felt the need to get it off my chest.

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsJones2Be, 12 of July of 2013 at 13:42
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Oh, that's awful! Get some warm milk with a spoonful of honey down you! Works a treat to sooth your throat and voice. If you can gargle with salt water too as this also helps.

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsJones2Be ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou, I'll give both of those a try xx

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

You poor thing!!! Hopefully this will make you feel better - I've had laryngitis and you recover from it so quickly! One day I literally couldn't say a word, but within 3 days or so my voice was back to normal.

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Awwww gosh that's so horrible Smiley sad I've been a sufferer of awful tonsillitis for a year now, and it's just so painful and the even more frustrating thing is you can't do anything! Try gargling some warm salt water, eating soft foods (ice cream can help soothe) and I would say just make sure you get plenty of bed rest, and keep drinking plenty of fluids, especially water as this will help clear it out.

Hope it clears up ASAP for you! Sending hugs your way!

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsJones2Be ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou, I hope you're right... I've had it before but its not lingered this long. Fingers crossed I'll wake up tomorrow and be able to speak properly again ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics