Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Funky*
Beginner January 2001

Laser Lipo

*Funky*, 27 of June of 2013 at 08:52 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Has anyone tried laser lipo?

I keep seeing groupon deals for it and with the wedding approaching if I get desperate to lose a inch or 2 nearer the time I'm thinking I might give it a try,

I appreciate the results are likely to only be temporary similar to a heat body wrap I guess?

There seems to be mixed reviews about it online.

Footlong do you think there is any merit to the science behind it?

7 replies

Latest activity by Duncan, 20 of June of 2024 at 13:40
  • MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe just wear Spanx? Same effect but cheaper!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Haha - love it how 'questionable' treatments like this then advise you to diet, exercise, cut out things. 9 times out of 10 I'd say that's why you'd see inch loss!! Was like the shoddy diet tablets my previous workplace sold - they had a really strict diet plan that you had to follow along side them to get them to work - well duh!!!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Oh and Funky 1. Im my cabbage you look great and don't need to lose anything 2. If you really want to before the wedding and it's only an inch or two, I'm sure there are better ways to do it than this with exercise and diet, where do you want to lose inches from?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, it sounds a bit scary JoJo!

Based on what I have lost already I should reach my target by the wedding anyway was just exploring back up plans.

I just seem to carry a little bit extra around the belly and moobs (a sign of age no doubt)

Im going to hit the gym at the 2 month mark (I know from my previous dabblings I start to get bored with the gym after 2 months hence why not starting sooner)

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've just scanned a few papers in reasonable journals, publishing some in depth cellular data on how it works (not just dodgy photoshopped "before" and "after" pictures). The heat from the laser melts the fat (and disrupts the fat cells, so they are broken down). I think there is debate about where the fat and cell remnants go (are they excreted? are they reabsorbed?). There is also debate about whether non-invasive techniques (where the laser is beamed onto your skin) is of any value. The papers I scanned all used an invasive technique, where a needle was inserted into the skin and used to direct a laser internally. Seems like it's best combined with traditional lipo i.e. melt the fat with a laser, then suck it out (instead of disrupting the fat cells mechanically, then sucking them out). I see it recommended for "contouring" rather than removal of large areas of fat.

If you are looking at true laser lypolysis, the effects won't be temporary though (unless you put the weight on again, of course).

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

My bestie has had 9 treatments and has lost 5 inches round her waist.

She has to drink tons of water - suppose that's how the fat gets flushed out?

If you've got the money, I'd say do it - she looks amazing. But 9 treatments can set you back a good £500 or more. I'd rather be fat and spend that money on shoes ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Footers wise words as always!

Ali the groupon deals have been around the £150 mark for 6 treatments. (hence why I was considering it)

I now have visions of pooing out lumps of lard!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics