Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kitty824
Beginner December 2011

Last christmas as a miss!

Kitty824, 21 December, 2010 at 23:24 Posted on Planning 0 23

Just sat thinking this time next year Ill be a mrs so this is my last christmas as a miss. feels abit daunting...

?

On the plus side this time next year I will be on my honeymoon!

23 replies

Latest activity by babybirdandmouse, 27 December, 2010 at 16:45
  • S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Mine too Smiley smile and next christmas we will be ttc Smiley smile

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I got super giddy about "fiance/Fiancee" Christmas Cards this year as it will be the last one I'll ever get.. Another thing for the memory box!

• Kitty824
    Beginner December 2011
    Kitty824 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww we will never get fiancee/fiance christmas cards because although we have set our date OH hasnt proposed yet and we are getting married just before next christmas!

Its lovely you are saving everything though! Ive just started doing that, we went to birmingham last week and I popped the bull ring mall map in a box ready to add other things to it...

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Aw no! You should still make him get you one Smiley surprise

I have so much crap (I say crap, but I wont throw anything out lol!) in our memory box.. Even little notes from when we first starting going out and the bit of paper he gave me his number on when he decided he fancied me lol, something to show the future kids and grandkids! I wish I had things from my parents past to look at so I save everything. Dunno about a memory box, I'll prob need a memory room in a few years!

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I could have written this word for word!!

I foolishly bought a fiance christmas card that is too big for our "enagement box" so I'll have to buy a new box now! ?

And its silly but I really can't wait to buy the first christmas/birthday card to my husband ?

X

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Ours too- just! I cant wait to buy a 'Husband' Valentines Card! I will the minute they are out!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

Popping out today for a fiance xmas card, not holding my breath on getting the equivalent back though!!

Hoping to get my engagement ring back today too, would be a shame not to have for my only Christmas as a fiancee!!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Its really quite emotional knowing its my last christmas dinner with my parents sharing their surname!

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

I honestly cant wait to buy a husband card next year!

I did get OH a husband to be chrimbo card form Funky Pigeon and he loved it!

So looking forward to being a MRS. But then again Im quite a bit older than you lovely lot so feel a bit like Miss Haversham lol

• N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content

I'm actually really excited about this!! Smiley smile I've just spoken to a delivery company, who called me Mrs... and it was too early, but was actually really nice and I can't wait!

I hinted very loudly to h2b about fiance cards!

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here stripeyrache! If he remembers to get a card, I think he will get a fiancee one, BUT....he often forgets to buy a card at all, so I'm not holding my breath!

It's my last Christmas as a Miss too, and my only one as a fiancee, so I may have to drop some not so subtle hints if I want a card.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Awww..

i'm older than you lot and already been married once.. so I go from a Ms back to a Mrs.. very strange

we have already bought each other christmas cards and neither say fiance(e)

• MrsB_2_be
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsB_2_be ·
    • Hide content

Me too! I got my H2B a fiance card and he got one for me too! Our first and only Xmas being engaged- we'll be old and married by this time next year! ?

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto! My last xmas as a Miss feels really weird, first and last Fiance card too ☹️

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am the same - it's our last Xmas as "boyfriend and girlfriend" or as an engaged couple... A year tomorrow I'll be Mrs O!!!! Doesn't feel daunting though! I can't wait!!!!

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

I keep looking at my fiance card and saying to my OH 'next year we will have wife and husband cards'. I think he's getting bored with me now!

I've also got a box of lots of bits and bobs from all the special people in my life. Well i think it's 2 boxes now!

• E
    Beginner December 2011
    eternallyme ·
    • Hide content

Im so glad you started this post as i hadnt even thought about fiance xmas cards! Will have to pop out tomorrow to get one! I did say to my OH last night though that this is my last xmas as a miss and it feels really strange. Next year a wife, and then hopefully a mummy! I still can't believe its all happening!!!!!

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

My OH's family always get really specific cards and we've had a few nephew and girlfriend, son and girlfriend cards over the last few years.* Although I would never normally buy a card which specified the recipient on the front - I'm not generally a fan of that style of card, I did smile lots getting a "to a great nephew and his special fiancee" one this year.

*This has actually led to my favourite new card shop game of finding the most ridiculously specific card ever - my best to date is "to my step-son and his life partner." Lol.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I got a fiance card for OH and signed it off with my full name and put in brackets "the last Christmas card i sign off with this name"

we went to see my brother and his family on sat as we wont see them over Christmas and pointed out it would b my last Christmas as "one of them" , i knoe its just a name change but its still a little sad!

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

This is technically my 2nd christmas as a fiance as OH proposed last christmas morning but it's definitely my last!!

I made sure i got OH one with Fiancee on as he just had a boyfriend one last year, mine was a fiance as that's how he proposed.

• babybirdandmouse
    Dedicated August 2020
    babybirdandmouse ·
    • Hide content

This is my last Christmas as a Miss too, my best friend kindly reminded me on Christmas night! It's crazy to think how fast 2010 has gone. If 2011 is anything like the past 12 months, I'll be a wife and an expectant mother in no time!!!

Every Christmas we have been together I have always gone to my parents and Andy has gone to his just to avoid any 'well you went there last year so it's our turn this year ... blah blah'. We have decided to have next Christmas at our own home so it'll be our first as a married couple and all being well, I will be pregnant too. Not that I am trying to wish the year away already but I can't wait Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics