Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner November 2015

Last meeting with the vicar.

jesikab4u, 21 of May of 2015 at 16:56 Posted on Planning 0 3

So on the 9th of June we have our last meeting with the vicar, the next time will be the rehearsal 5 days before the wedding. We haven't organised much about the ceremony yet, do we need to have everything in place of what we want when we go? If so what things will we need to get sorted? We live in a different parish so don't get to visit often to talk much about things with him. Starting to worry that we should be a bit more organised here. What happens at the 2nd meeting with the vicar?

Tia :-)

3 replies

Latest activity by jesikab4u, 22 of May of 2015 at 07:11
  • halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I think it may be more a case of him telling you what will be happening rather than the other way around?

If you want certain hymns/readings it's good to tell him now. If you want non-religous readings you should make that clear as that could be a problem (we had a recent thread on this).

Tell him what you'd like, but be prepared to hear that you can't have it.

Are you expected to do marriage prep? could be that he'll talk to you about that? Every church is different so it really depends on the vicar.

I guess there's practicalities such as can the tog/other ppl take pictures during the service, can you have confetti etc

I can't even remember what we talked about tbh. The main discussion happens at the meeting just before the wedding so don't worry too much!

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

We had a meeting before christmas, so already know what we are/not allowed. So all good there.

yeah I know he tell us what happens ect, just wasn't sure if we needed to give all the readings, hymns and music etc.

what if we have people we've asked to do readings and we don't know what it is? will we need to provide him with those?

Thanks :-), I guess we need to get a wiggle on and choose what hymns and things that we want.

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Any reading needs to be vetted by your vicar - it's to make sure its suitable with keeping with the religious service but you can ask your friends who are doing these to supply them via email to them. You have to have at least one religious reading so it's also making sure that it's the correct version for that domination - sounds silly but if you google a verse for instance you will find different versions - there are different versions of the Lords Prayer!

You will also need to have decided your hymns preferably and she/he will run through the running order along with what processional/recessional music your having etc.

They will run through times, order of service - if you are providing or paying the church etc.

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Scottish Sarah that was really helpful :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics