Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lauren
Savvy September 2023 West Midlands

Last minute

Lauren, 9 of August of 2023 at 10:09 Posted on Planning 0 8
Okay, so I feel like I am probably stressing for no reason but I've got 30 days to go and feel like I've missed something.
Got the dress, shoes, Grooms suite and shoes, Bridesmaids dress and shoes all other male suits, hair and make-up paid for, dj booked, all rooms booked and paid for, notice has been given and everything passed to registrar ready to go, photographer booked and paid for,
Am I missing something?
Thank you x

8 replies

Latest activity by Eden, 14 of August of 2023 at 18:00
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Lauren! So sorry your stressing but I think it’s all natural. Correct underwear? The rings? Flowers for the bridal party? Buttonholes if the men are having them? Seating plan if you’re having one? Booked your nails if you’re getting them done? First dance to your DJ? Cake if you’re having one? Place names for the tables again if you’re having them? Little things aswell like breaking your shoes in. That is all I can think of? Good luck and enjoy!
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

Shay has said some of the things I thought of but I would also add transport, ceremony music, decor/styling, running order and timings confirmed with all suppliers/venue, speeches ready and wedding party briefed on logistics and their roles on the day.

• Lauren
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello, yeah all of those are sorted too and done I just keep going over stuff in my head and feel like I'm missing something xx
  • Lauren
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All of these are done except for transport, as I am stopping at the venue the night before
    Thank you for your help xx
  • Lauren
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello, yes all of this has been sorted except for transport as me and the Bridal Party are at the venue the night before
    Thank you
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

For peace of mind, it might be worth downloading a checklist and running your eye over it to make sure there is nothing important on there that you've forgotten. There are loads of different free ones out there - just google 'wedding checklist'. (Don't forget they will have EVERYTHING on those lists, so don't panic at the length because they may well include stuff you've decided not to have such as favours, photo booth etc)

Alternatively, just focus on the basics. You need the legal paperwork, officiant, two witnesses and yourselves. If that is in place, the wedding can happen. Everything else is optional, and if you have forgotten something, while it might be annoying at the time, it is going to be a really funny story to tell on your 10th anniversary. I have friends who had major mishaps at their weddings, and those have now become the stories that they laugh about and love to tell.

(And I think it's totally natural to stress about the details in the run up - this is a major life event, so some nerves are to be expected!)

• Lauren
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great advice thank you, I'm going do sort a checklist out and go tick what's done &payed for.
    I feel like If I have forgotten something it's going to be a something little that's probably not even noticed but I'll see
    Thank you
  • Eden
    Beginner September 2023 Staffordshire
    Eden ·
    • Hide content
    A florist if you’re having one?x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics