Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2011

Last Minute help finding a cake

JayW, 26 of August of 2011 at 08:52 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hello,

Anyone who can recommend a wedding cake supplier on short notice, We are getting married within 3 weeks and we still need a wedding cake. We need an affordable cake as well.
Please help
Jay

14 replies

Latest activity by Debbie, 2 of July of 2021 at 23:36
  • nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Hi,if you do have 21 days then you can order one from Marks and Spencers. They have lovely cakes and are okay prices. I have ordered the white chocolate rose cake for mine.

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content

Or if you buy the white iced cakes from m&s and design your own with a little bit of ribbon or edible flowers, you can make it simple but elegant x

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

Marks and Spencer are always worth a look - they have a 7 day ordering time for their wedding cakes!

Which part of the country are you in? It will be easier for people to recommend suppliers if they know where you are!

Good Luck!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

M&S cakes have been very well recommended on here for the 4 years I have been on here and you can decorate them to suit your theme. some say 7 days on the web site http://www.marksandspencer.com/View-All-Wedding-Cakes-Wedding-Cakes-Food-to-Order-Food-Wine/b/80083031

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Whereabouts are you JayW?

• Holly-Jayne
    Beginner August 2012
    Holly-Jayne ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

If you fancy a chocolate covered cake or something a bit different Patisserie Valerie do gorgeous cakes and only need about 72 hours notice I think plus their not expensive either.

Where abouts are you?

xx

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

Jay, my cousin does them and she is reaaally good and pricing is really good too! let me know if you want her number

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good call! I love patisserie Valerie :-)

• Dollyrockerz
    Beginner October 2011
    Dollyrockerz ·
    • Hide content

We are having the M&S roses cake too, excellent value IMO

• Holly-Jayne
    Beginner August 2012
    Holly-Jayne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks - me too. I think we're having our wedding cake from there, going for a free tasting session in a few weeks - can't wait - the diet can sod off that day lol! ?

• J
    Beginner September 2011
    JayW ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much, at least people respond on this forum. ?

Pff so much to do hehe in so little time

We never knew M&S did wedding cakes, but we never go shopping there either. We really like the cakes and for a good price. And much much cheeper than some shops we have been looking at. We actually where thinking of cupcakes as a wedding cake to keep the cost low and while looking for cupcakes we found this shop which just started and does cupcakes as a main business. But it turns out they do personalised wedding cakes as well. So now we are thinking either an M&S cake for £200 or a 3 tier personalised cake for us for £220. Which is just above our budget but they will be one of a kind. we are not sure yet. They are called Sugarbird cupcakes (not sure how to put a link in but it is http://www.sugarbirdcupcakes.co.uk/wedding-cakes.html ). We keep you posted. Thank you all for the suggestions

Jay

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

Just to add - if you get the plain white or cream traditional cakes from M&S (bought as single cakes so can stack as you like) they're currently 3 for 2 so we got 3 tiers for £63!!! Decorating with ribbon and cake toppers and hiring an s-shaped cake stand takes it up to about £100

Bargain!

• J
    Beginner September 2011
    JayW ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't find any details about that offer you mentioned on their website. aldo it sounds like a good offer.

we saw a classic chocolate cake at m&s (http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Classic-Chocolate/dp/B00170PCYQ?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_10&nodeId=80083031&sr=1-10&qid=1314376451&pf_rd_r=13NDR9299YKKR78R1Z0R&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=80083031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3) but the collection date is to late.

We also received a offer now from SugarBird Cupcakes and they would be able to make our "dream" cake for £250 and deliver it for free on time.

Guess the first website I saw shocked the h*ll out of me. Anyone bought one at the Slatterie? beautiful but not affordable for us :-(

Jay

• J
    Beginner
    julybride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Our cake was by M&S and it was lovely. on 3 for 2 also. my lovely cousin decorated it and stacked it for us.

here is a flash of the finished product. (i just loved it )

• D
    Beginner July 2021 Surrey
    Debbie ·
    • Hide content
    We are getting married next week 9th July 2921

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics