Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tybalt
Beginner April 2012

Last minute help needed - seating plan title

tybalt, 23 April, 2012 at 15:29 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

Am trying to make my seating plan. Tying the knot this Saturday. I have designed the plan and know what it'll look like but the title part is giving me trouble. Do I write just our names and date:

"Bride & Groom"

Saturday 28 April 2012

or do I put the words "seating plan" somewhere as part of the title? My MOH (sister) thinks I should put "seating plan" as traditionally most Indian weddings don't have allocated seating and she thinks the guests may get confused but I think it's fairly self explanatory!!

It's A1 sized, landscape so I can't have the writing on lots of lines as it takes up too much room.

Any suggestions welcomed! Thanks.

3 replies

Latest activity by tybalt, 23 April, 2012 at 20:00
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you need to write seating plan on it. Presumably you'll have venue staff or ushers assisting on the day as well in directing people what they should do so even if people aren't used to it it shouldn't be a problem I don't think.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

Agree with Nutella. I was thinking about this the other day and will probably put something like..."Mr & Mrs D, 7th July 2012" at the top.

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the others. It may be an idea to have place cards on the tables (you didn't say if you were or not) with each guest name on, that way an usher or venue staff member can help show them to the correct seats.

• tybalt
    Beginner April 2012
    tybalt ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, you confirmed my instinct so we'll go with just names and date. Yes I am having place cards, Sarah (otherwise the seating plan wouldn't make sense!) plus they're doubling up as my favours as they are chocolate tags iced with each guest's name.

Hopefully back here after the wedding with some flashes!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics