Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2014

Last minute panic about wedding decorations!

SJ Morris 2B, 21 of May of 2014 at 08:15 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi there, so I have left this a bit late - we're getting married on Saturday! Aaagggghhhhh! we are both so excited but I am having a last minute panic...

We only had 5 months to plan the wedding, whilst renovating our house I might add, as originally we were going to get married in our garden. We set the date but then couldn't get the numbers down to less than 80 and although our garden is big, it ain't that big! So people had cancelled their hols to make it so we ended up swapping to a proper venue and the wedding has grown and grown... I haven't particularly enjoyed the planning of it because it isn't ideally what I wanted for a wedding, I'd have preferred to elope or to do it in the woods but cost and my partners family commitments meant we had to do it locally.

When I say I haven't enjoyed it, I have in a way. The wedding is all about us, filled with lots of creativity and is very personal to us. Our personalities definitely shine through. But we are a bit quirky and now I'm worried 'is it too quirky?!' We're in a fairly posh hotel and our decorations are random... we did start with a colour theme but it's gone out of the window now and everything is just a mish mash of colours... mainly pastel - it's not sophisticated in the slightest, just cute, slightly random but very personal... does this matter?!

Help! Please tell me it'll be ok and won't matter... it doesn't matter to me or my hubby to be Rob but I have some very critical family members and I worry they'll slate it, I am likely to punch them if they do... ha! I know I shouldn't worry what others think, it's about me and Rob etc but i can't help it and it's making me feel anxious...

Thanks for reading, I know it's an essay but please let me know what you think!

Much love

SJ

4 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 21 of May of 2014 at 13:50
  • Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

It all sounds lovely to me. If I were you I would be proud of your achievements and that you've made your day so personal to both of you. I'm sure your guests will love the fact that you've gone to so much effort. Relax and enjoy your day x

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    SJ Morris 2B ·
    • Hide content

Ah thanks ladies for your kind words... I know you are right! It is about me n my hubby to be and we like everything. If this is the only thing I am worried about 3 days before then I guess it's all good! Just gotta stop worrying about everyone else.

Hope all your plans are going well and you have an awesome day x x x

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

If you're worried about quantity, OH and I were having a walk around the shops looking for garden benches the other day and found loads of really really cheap stuff we are going to go back to buy - things like lanterns, hanging hearts, baskets ... just pretty, weddingy bits and bobs really, places like B&M bargains & ASDA home store. If you feel like you need more 'stuff' then those kinds of places are great.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It sounds lovely to me too! You don't need a lot of tat. Think less is more.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics