Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner May 2018

Last minute photos

DS-BE, 19 of May of 2018 at 07:02 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all,

We're getting married next Saturday! Little bit stressed now trying to coordinate everything but most things are sorted. We did decide to get a photographer in the end but also want to ensure we collate as many photos from guests as possible (it's a pretty informal affair).

Are there any suggestions as to what people have found the best? The system should allow us to keep the right to our images and ideally allow uploads without an app install and for us to download it all in hi res. Video as well as photo would be a bonus. We've setup a dropbox but want a simple solution for the less techy!

After lots of research the two front runners seemed to be SamSaidYes and WedBox. Love the simplicity of SSY (and the fact that v limited sign-up info is needed for guests). You can just have a QR code for everyone to share. However it doesn't seem to have an upload function for those not wanting/able to download the app and doesn't do video. Wedbox seems to enable you to upload online but the sign-up process seems a little more long-winded. However this is definitelythe way I'm leaning at the minute.

Any thoughts?

Any success stories for hoovering up guest photos or are we on a hiding to nothing?

DS & BE

1 replies

Latest activity by DavidAdamsPhotography, 22 of May of 2018 at 21:24
  • L
    Beginner September 2018
    LuxuriousYellowFlowers63032 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We've gone for wedbox, not getting married til this September though so don't know how popular it will be with guests. It was easy to sign up for and I registered my mum on her ipad easily enough so it should be ok for guests to do only took a couple of minutes. They were offering a free package on facebook a while ago not sure if it's still on or not though.

Good luck.

• DavidAdamsPhotography
    DavidAdamsPhotography ·
    • Hide content

Obviously I'm a bit biased here, because I'm a wedding photographer, but in my experience the idea of having guests upload photographs doesn't often work out all that well, so I am not sure it's worth spending much time or money on. Of course if you're keen then you should absolutely do it, in which case I would go for the simplest thing possible which is to just rely on the fact that most guests will send you any decent photos they take, either by email, or on Facebook or Instagram, particularly if you ask them to. Apps do let you see the pictures more quickly (if anybody bothers to download the App and then put their photos into it) but do you want to spend the day peering at your phone? Most guest pictures are likely to be of a significant moment (couple kiss, couple cutting cake, etc) which any competent photographer will capture, at a better angle, with better composition and using a better camera or they'll be pictures of the guests themselves, in more of a selfie style. There is an argument for guest photos if your photographer is only inclined to capture formal moments, but there aren't many photographers left these days who do that, because most people what candid shots in addition to or instead of posed.

On the flip side, as you've found, the apps are inexpensive and there is no real downside to offering them to guests; just don't be too disappointed if it didn't quite end up looking as wonderful as you might have wished for!

I hope that helps and it works well for you whatever you decide.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics