Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Ducky*
Beginner July 2012

Last night I took a sleeping tablet at 10.30pm...

*Ducky*, 5 March, 2012 at 09:52 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

And my eyelids are practically on my desk! I can't wake up, I just want to put my head in my arms and go back to sleep. I did sleep like a log last night (after two restless nights) so the tablet worked, but how long until it wears off? I feel like I'm in that really relaxed-dozy-not-quite-asleep-but-having-a-lie-in-sleep stage.

I don't even like coffee.

4 replies

Latest activity by *Ducky*, 5 March, 2012 at 13:40
  • HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Was it a prescription tablet or Nytol etc.?

I have been prescribed Zopiclone before and TBH I was zonked out for most of the next day!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

It was just a Nytol one-a-night, said to take 30 mins before bed etc. I still feel like I'm walking round inside a fluffy could that just wants me to fall back to sleep...

I don't think I'll 'knock myself out' with one of these the night before the wedding or I'll be a zombie bride!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have visions of you acting like the dad in Father of the Bride II when he takes sleeping tablets. ?

I have never taken sleeping tablets so I can't help, but EF's suggested seems like a good idea.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I was like the man in Father of the Bride!

I set some work going and went home again because I was just not 'with it', I drank a pint of water and feel asleep for two solid hours (I can never do this during the day normally). I woke up, had another pint of water, ate some lunch and came back to work. I feel like a have a functioning brain now, still tired, but I can concentrate a lot better.

If I ever feel the need for a good night's sleep, I'll just take half a tablet!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics