Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2014

Late licence venues - Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire

maxie, 20 of July of 2013 at 15:50 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi everyone,

Just need to pick everyones brains around reception venues in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire - ideally south beds or mid-north Herts.

I'm really struggling to find a nice venue which has a late licence and allows music to a decent time - just about everywhere wants music off by 11-11.30 and doesnt provide a bar past 11.30 or 12... This is really too early for us, we have lots of Irish guests and they would look quite puzzled at being chucked out at 12. We don't need the wedding reception to go to a ridiculous time but the option of 1/2am would be much better for us.

Does anyone have any suggestions that are a little more flexible on this - we are happy to pay for the music/bar extension obviously...

Thank you!!

1 replies

Latest activity by Laura DeBourde, 22 of July of 2013 at 21:03
  • Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Can't remember the timings although do check out the Old Priory at Little Wymondley....one of my favourite venues.....and you may be in luck with the times.....

Peter

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

What sort of venue are you looking for? Are you looking to have everything all in one place, ceremony and reception? Or are you having a church then moving onto somewhere else?

I know of quite a few barns in Herts that probably have a fairly late license. It depends on what you want though...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics