Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner January 1999

Late license venues

Crush, 5 of April of 2015 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi there - we've decided that having a venue with a late license is non-negotiable! We are looking for a wedding venue in the Berkshire/wider Berkshire area. Any ideas/recommendations? Thanks

Cate

2 replies

Latest activity by Grace@PEP, 10 of April of 2015 at 23:13
  • Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

Unofficially, if you are getting married in a hotel, and your guests are staying at that hotel, they will have a 'residents' bar often that will stay open until the last one leaves.

In addition to that, if the venue is really good, they also take the leftover food from the evening party, such as sandwiches and traybakes to the residents bar for any who get the munchies or were evening party guests only who did not get a chance to eat.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Can't offer specific recommendations for your area, but venues can apply for a temporary late license for the date of your wedding. Our venue does not normally have a late license, but they applied for a specific one for our date. Our venue included that in the hireage fee for the venue, but others charge it separately to the couple. I don't think it's overly expensive though.

Worth keeping in mind if you spot a venue you love that doesn't have a current license, you can always ask if they're willing to apply for one.

• Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

I should have probably wrote too that I was from Northern Ireland - and there may be different rules in operation as we are a nation of alcoholics.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics