Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lil_kel
Beginner September 2013

late wedding, evening reception?

lil_kel, 13 July, 2010 at 13:31 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi, and sorry for yet another question!

is anyone else having a late in the day wedding (5pm onwards) and an evening reception?

as i have a huge family and it's gona be a total pain deciding on a daytime/nighttime guest list, i was thinking of just having one huge reception at night so not to leave anyone out/upset anyone.

what do you all think?

10 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 13 July, 2010 at 19:24
  • sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

I like this idea as it means you can invite everyone....However, I do think its a bit of a shame in a way because you wait and plan for ages for your wedding day and then by 5pm a lot of the day has gone....Im not sure. I want to make mine as long as possible because everyone always says its over so quickly...

Could you not have it earlier, say 3pm, then have "High Tea" (scones, tea, sandwiches etc in the day) and then your main meal / buffet (whatever you were going to do) as that would keep the cost down??

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

Im kinda similar-

Weddng starts half 2... which means Dinner at half 4 (after ceremony, photos and canapes) and that will finish at half 6.

Evening band kick off at 7 but we're not having any extra guests join us- just the 110 from the ceremony and meal

No evening buffet either just the Cupcakes

M x

• lil_kel
    Beginner September 2013
    lil_kel ·
    • Hide content

Thats a good idea! think i might do that!

might save evryone from getting sloshed before 6pm that way!

kelly xx

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

Yeh i reckon as the meal is later, people hopefully shouldnt get too peckish in the evening,

Also it gives them the chance to have lunchbefore they arrive

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

I got married at 3, then we had a sit down buffet at about 5pm. This meant we could invite everyone to the whole day, as having a sit down buffet was loads cheaper! It worked out fine, and I was actually glad to get married a bit later because it meant I could really take my time getting ready, rather than rushing around like a looney!

• lil_kel
    Beginner September 2013
    lil_kel ·
    • Hide content

Think the hight tea idea could go quite well with the midsummer nights dream theme ive got going.

Just need to sell it to my OH now!

• D
    Beginner March 2008
    David2010 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I got married on a Sunday at 6:00 pm in August. I wanted Saturday but the hotel was booked for months ahead for one, so I took Sunday. It was lovely, and it kept the temperature from being horrendous..the ceremony and cocktails were outside, so that mattered to me. I was happy with it, liked the eveing unfolding, so if you can do it, I think it would be great! Good luck...PS I am SO not a morning person, so I totally get it, and loved having the day to get ready..we are also Jewish, but not that observant, so timing on the Sat would not have mattered that much...

free download

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

Laura did you feed your guests again later?

• lil_kel
    Beginner September 2013
    lil_kel ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that david.

My OH isnt very good with heat so that was a big factor in my idea.

were also thinking of having the wedding and reception in a marquee so time of day is a deal breaker for us!

kelly xx

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope, there was cake and nibbles around, but we didn't have another buffet. There was so much stuff available at 5pm I think everyone made pigs of themselves and wouldn't have been able to eat anyway!

I would probably suggest having a few nibbly bits out though, nuts and things like that maybe...? Just incase people to get hungry again.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I have a mssive family as well. But I am having the full day affair. With some people being day and the rest being evening guests. What would your family think of that idea? You dount want a wedding full of disgruntled guests - but at the same time it is your wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics