Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2015

Late wedding with no sit down meal

LeighB3, 12 of May of 2015 at 04:23 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me or has any advice.

I'm getting married at 3.45pm and not having a sit down meal, the plan is after the ceremony head to the reception venue, have a few drinks and do the speeches. Do you think I should bother with the whole seating plan etc seeing as we're not really going to be sat for very long. We would probably need to move tables anyway to accommodate the band.

Just wondering if it would be better to have a few smaller tables and chairs dotted around for the evening near the dance floor?

4 replies

Latest activity by Grace@PEP, 12 of May of 2015 at 20:58
  • Yvetterob
    Beginner March 2016
    Yvetterob ·
    • Hide content

This is pretty much what I am planning altho we are having ceremony and reception all in the same venue. We get married at 3pm drinks and pictures and then buffet at around 6.30. No seating plan. As long as your guests are aware there isn't a seating plan I think it shoul be fine.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I think that sounds nice. Just reserve the top table for you guys for the speeches and tell your guests to sit anywhere, our venue moved the tables for the evening, maybe just have them laid out ready for the dancing if they'll still be able to see for the speeches.

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at 3, then having drinks reception at 4.30 ish. It's in a bar style area so there will be no tables / seating plan (just sofas and casual seating). We'll do speeches then and the evening reception starts at 7 where we will have hot food :-)

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

This is what we are doing. I have ordered a sign from eBay that tells people there is no seating plan and I'm quite happy with it. Think it was about £10.

The only thing I would suggest is that if you are going to tell family about the seating plan make it in a very non negotiable way, don't ask for their opinions because any one traditional will not like it.

x

• Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

I think that a seating plan is not required. If you want to let guests know they can sit anywhere, there are little homemade signs you can make telling them to take their seats.

It is a lot more sociable when people can get up and walk around, sit down together, otherwise they will expect a meal, if they are told where to sit.

Tables around the dancefloor are also a good idea as there will be guests that won't want to get onto the floor, will want to chat and at same time watch the dancefloor, particularly if you are having older guests and guests with mobility problems.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics