Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arquard
Beginner May 2011

Lawn games - how many??

Arquard, 15 March, 2011 at 10:57 Posted on Planning 0 3

Right, we have a very large lawn area to play with and I'm wondering how many lawn games I need to sort out. We have a bouncy castle booked already (I'm so damn excited about that!) and are looking at having some of: giant jenga, connect 4, quoits, croquet.

There will be 100-ish guests, 20-ish of whom are children. You can see about 2/3 of the lawn area in the photo below so based on all that, how many games would you set out? I don't want to go overboard but then I don't want it to be too sparse either.

Also, should I be investing in some sort of matt to actually put the jenga/connect 4 on rather than just plonking it on the grass?

3 replies

Latest activity by mrsgreatbatch2b, 15 March, 2011 at 17:13
  • sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

I have to make this decision - my venue are charging £150 for the lawn games and I have to choose from about 12 options...I feel like saying "ALL OF THEM!" as the charge won't be any different, but thats me just being awkward, and sometimes less is more! I am going for Pick up sticks, Chess (cos it looks good in photos!), croquet, connect 4 and DEFINITELY Jenga - everyone loves it, especially after a drinkie. Your venue lawn looks quite big but then you are having a bouncy castle, so if its all going to be together, I wouldnt go overboard. Most kiddies will be on the bouncy castle..Why dont you go for about 3?

I wouldnt worry about a mat though. Thinks like Chess etc have a base that you stick in the ground with pegs but dont think you need them for the jenga and C4 ?? Unless the ground is uneven...

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Sorry no help to your oroginal post but have you seen anywhere that sells reasonably proced lawn games? if you do pls let me know, I am inparticularly after the giant jenga!

Ta

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

eBay!!! I found LOADS on eBay. Here's one I'm considering. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCRIBBLE-KIDS-NATURAL-WOOD-TOWER-BLOCK-GAME-BRAND-NEW-/370386938924?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Games&hash=item563cc82c2c

Check out his store too because there's loads more in there:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/THE-DISCOUNT-DEN-ONLINE/Garden-Games-/_i.html?_fsub=20693304&_sid=231990315&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

If the budget can do it, i'm having three. Connect 4, jenga and possibly crouquet (sp)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics