Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Leatherhead Registry Office - appointment for giving notice...?

MegMog, 29 November, 2012 at 15:07 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an appointment at Leatherhead registry office to give notice for a wedding? What days/times do they do appointments for? We are getting married on 2nd March 2013 and I thought we had loads of time to do that sort of thing, but after talking to people I may be worng!

We are are getting married in Kent, but live in Epsom, Surrey. I understand that we need to give notice in Surrey, but Kent organise the registrar - phew! I've been pretty relaxed about things, it seems although Kent Council are really flexible and helpful they even guarentee the date and time we have picked, even though it's only a few months before. But by the sounds of things Leatherhead, our local registry office are a nightmare to deal with people queing up at 3am a year before to get the time they want?!

We only need to give notice in Surrey, not book a registrar, but now I'm worried we might have to wait weeks for an appointment even to do that. Has anyone any experience? I think we can give notice at any other Surrey registry office - are they any better?

1 replies

Latest activity by helzbelz200, 29 November, 2012 at 16:50
  • R
    Beginner October 2013
    rachd23 ·
    • Hide content

Have you provisionally booked for a registrar?

We went and gave notice last week. I phoned in October and picked 23rd Nov to go to the registry office as we were both off work that day.

Once you give notice is is publish for 15 days to see if anyone has any reson why you shouldn't marry after that the certificates are issued. I have no knowledge of the area you are wanting to give notice in but in Leicestershire it was all pretty simple and straight forward.

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    helzbelz200 ·
    • Hide content

Hi you have to give notice at your local registry office to where you live. We live in surbiton but are giving notice at Kingston. We booked on website & there was about a 6 week wait for appointment. You've got to give notice a minimum of 16 days prior to your wedding, so no need to panic. I'd just phone Letherhead & book an appointment ASAP. Is it definitely Leatherhead your local registry office thou? Is there not one in Epsom? I'm sure if you ask they make sure your going to right one! Good luck !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics