Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2014

LED tea lights

Mrsbushelltobe, 17 of June of 2014 at 15:06 Posted on Planning 0 6

Unfortunately we can't use real candles unless covered by a glass globe. Therefore we need to use LED tea lights for our votives on the tables and our hanging mini jam jars outside.

Can anyone recommend any good quality LED tea lights, not too expensive?

6 replies

Latest activity by Mrsbushelltobe, 17 of June of 2014 at 17:08
  • jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

It all depends how many you need, if you only need a couple Asda sell the, realtively cheap if not ebay are your best bet. Got to say I used them for a halloween party last year and they were amazing, gae off much more light than I thought and last for days (we forgot to turn one of them off in a pumpkin lol)

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I've got the same issue ( except we can't have real flames not matter how they are covered) so I've bought a pack of LED tealights from the pound shop. I tried them for look and they are fine in the votives but I'm yet to test how long they last. Must do that!

Got four in a pack so if they last well they'll be a bargain.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I have these saved on my eBay ready to buy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380809971168?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Have no idea about quality though, sorry.

I have also seen some in IKEA but I'm pretty sure they were more than the eBay ones.

• RizzieRazzle
    Beginner August 2014
    RizzieRazzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can vouch for quality - I bought 2 boxes of them (from that seller) when I was doing a lesson in January about Buddhism and enlightenment and gave them out to the class when they showed that they understood some of the qualities of the religion, haha. Everybody switched them on and left them there for a day or two and took them home at the weekend. On the last day (last Monday) a girl came back in and brought her tea light with her and it was still working, so they're pretty decent Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

The poundland ones last for ages! We have some that the kids use for role-play in campfires etc, think we've had them for a couple of years now and they still haven't had the batteries replaced despite being left on for days at a time.

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    Mrsbushelltobe ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! The ebay ones are a bargain for 12 pack!

Thanks everyone : ) xxx

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    Mrsbushelltobe ·
    • Hide content

I might buy some ebay ones and poundland, to see which i prefer : ) Thanks again xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics